Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Austin, TX).

Interview

I did an online application and they got back to me in 1-2 days. Really easy interview, I just went in and the main manager interview me. She asked really easy questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, what have you exceeded at in life, etc. She let me know at the end of the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualities that you need to work on   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You basically have to do a group interview and try to make an informercial about a product. Then, they want you to write some answers down and at the end they give you a small talk about what you will be required to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good product and why would people buy it? (For infomercial)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online as a seasonal sales associate Friday morning, and was called back that night to come in for a group interview Sunday morning. A week prior, I had a group interview at Tilly's, and while the managers were chill and the other interviewees were nice, I thought the Zumiez environment was even more down-to-earth. The interview started before the store even opened so we could do everything without people shopping. There were two other people interviewing. They asked us about ourselves, and then we pretty much started playing some games. The first game was to create a rap, poem, or chant as to why we wanted to work there. Since the job focuses a lot on teamwork, the three of us worked together. The next game was an open-ended question relay game. Basically the manager would act as a customer and say a short phrase and you would have to ask 5 open-ended questions about it. If you asked a yes or no, you had to start over. The final game was to for us three to ask two open-ended questions to the manager in order to sell an outfit, and then with that information, we picked an outfit that fit the criteria. Was a super chill interview. Managers were super chill, and I was more relaxed in this interview than the Tilly's one. At the end of the interview, the main manager asked us if we all had phones, bank accounts, and could drive. She hired all three of us on the spot! Super dope and cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Ask 5 open-ended questions based on the topic I give you.   Answer Question
    • What does it mean to be aggressive, energetic, committed, and (forgot the other word: might have been 'polite')?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

quick, and easy, all we did was chat about snowboards, and skateboards, and what i could bring to the company. sweet sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet. the quick fox jumped over the fast brown dog.

Interview Questions

• where would you hide a giraffe?   1 Answer

Junior Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Long interview process, lunch followed by two or three rounds of more standard interviews. Interviews were one on one or with 2-3 interviewers. The role was way more based on events than I anticipated. Even though I have worked a bunch in action sports, in skiing, it was not at all a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with event planning and executions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

You play games which teaches you how to interact with costumers and then you have an infomercial to sell a random given object. First you introduce yourself to everyone, then you get divided into 2 groups or more and they will make a statement and you have to ask 3 follow up questions quickly. Then you play another easy game and the infomercial was last.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any super power ,what would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY).

Interview

So I applied online and in one hour got a call asking If I can come in for a Interview. the day on the interview I walked in and told them I am here for an interview so the store close's and It turns out to be a group interview. The group interview was pretty fun and last about for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• they asked us to dance and name 5 brands we sale her at Zumiez   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynnwood, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and heard back the next day. Overall I interviewed three times. Once on the phone with the help desk lead, once in person with the same person, and lastly with the directer of infrastructure and the same help desk lead. I thought I did super super well and still didn't get the job. My only and biggest complaint is that I didnt get it and NEVER heard back from anyone that I didn't get it. I just waited forever and never got any type of response.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario, and had me prioritize which tasks i would do first.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lansing, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back a few weeks later for a group interview. The group interview had about 8 other people. First, we all had to tell a little bit about ourselves. Next, the manager told us each a sentence and we had to ask them three questions that couldn't be answered with a yes or no. Last, the manager told us stuff that he liked and we had to go find an outfit for him. Overall, I think the interview was pretty laid back compared to other interviews. I didn't get the job but one thing I know is that you need to be really talkative for a job like Zumiez.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zumiez (Houston, TX).

Interview

the whole vibe of the place was very chill and welcoming. the employers joked around and made us all feel comfortable and welcomed. i did have to wait for a month and went to 3 interviews. 2 face to face and one group interview. the 1 on 1 interviews were basic while the group interview we were split in groups made to write a chant we also had to pick out a outfit (top bottoms shoes and accessories) overall my experience with these interviews were fun and easy.