Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.0

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

It was ok. They asked about open ended questions, they gave you a quiz on open ended questions and made us have a conversation with the manager and try to sell them something.

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (San Juan, PR) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was really laid back. It was a group interview outside of the store with the manager and four other applicants. They asked some simple questions to see if we knew about the store or any of the brands. Fairly easy and very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Which brand from our store is your favorite? Now try to sale that brand to us   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zumiez (Grapevine, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer showed up about 45 minutes late,actual interview lasted less than 30 minutes and by the end of the day I got a call saying they would hire me

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Melbourne, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview was solo with just the manager. We went over my resume, she was very personable, easy to talk to, and didn't ask anything too out of the ordinary. I was immediately asked if I'd like to attend the second interview and said yes. The second interview was a group interview towards the back of the store with myself and five other applicants. It wasn't as bad as I expected from some of these other interviews, I didn't have to sing, dance, or make up some type of chant. We basically just each went around talking about one interesting thing that would make us right for zumiez. We did an exercise where we had to pick one female item and one male item and sell it to the others in our group. Overall it was a good experience, unlike any other interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• She asked us if we could remember the names of every applicant in the group   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez in June 2017.

Interview

Applied, was consistently told that i would be called in for an interview the next week over the course of two months, eventually i was brought in for an interview where i was told that they were not going to hire me.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called for phone screening by hiring manager, then in person interview scheduled for following week. Separately interviewed with 4 different people, 2 from marketing department, 2 from higher organizational level. One interviewer stopped in the middle of the interview to tell me that they "did not like" a person who was walking by the window of the interview room.

Took a skills test on Excel, left the interview feeling good, but was not given a time-frame for when to expect an answer.

NEVER HEARD BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. This I found to be very UNPROFESSIONAL, a simple email is common courtesy. I even reached out twice to the hiring manager who contacted me and got no response. Very displeased with the overall experience.

Overall environment seemed chill, everyone was dressed casually and it seemed like a fun place to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Brookfield, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional, had interview in crowded food court, did not give full attention, swore consistently, employer had see through shirt. Do not reccommend. In addition, quite hard to hear back from. I had to call 3 times in order to hear anything back about the job. Poor management.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Austin, TX).

Interview

I did an online application and they got back to me in 1-2 days. Really easy interview, I just went in and the main manager interview me. She asked really easy questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, what have you exceeded at in life, etc. She let me know at the end of the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualities that you need to work on   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You basically have to do a group interview and try to make an informercial about a product. Then, they want you to write some answers down and at the end they give you a small talk about what you will be required to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good product and why would people buy it? (For infomercial)   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online as a seasonal sales associate Friday morning, and was called back that night to come in for a group interview Sunday morning. A week prior, I had a group interview at Tilly's, and while the managers were chill and the other interviewees were nice, I thought the Zumiez environment was even more down-to-earth. The interview started before the store even opened so we could do everything without people shopping. There were two other people interviewing. They asked us about ourselves, and then we pretty much started playing some games. The first game was to create a rap, poem, or chant as to why we wanted to work there. Since the job focuses a lot on teamwork, the three of us worked together. The next game was an open-ended question relay game. Basically the manager would act as a customer and say a short phrase and you would have to ask 5 open-ended questions about it. If you asked a yes or no, you had to start over. The final game was to for us three to ask two open-ended questions to the manager in order to sell an outfit, and then with that information, we picked an outfit that fit the criteria. Was a super chill interview. Managers were super chill, and I was more relaxed in this interview than the Tilly's one. At the end of the interview, the main manager asked us if we all had phones, bank accounts, and could drive. She hired all three of us on the spot! Super dope and cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Ask 5 open-ended questions based on the topic I give you.   Answer Question
    • What does it mean to be aggressive, energetic, committed, and (forgot the other word: might have been 'polite')?   Answer Question