Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lancaster, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was brought in to be interview with about a group of 10 to 12 others. There were about 3 or four activities that we did relating to open ended questions, as this is super important to part of the Zumiez sales technique. Its was very fun, and not your traditional boring interview.

Interview Questions

• The relay race they would give you a topic or statement and have you ask them 5 open ended questions about it as quickly and best as you can. then you would run back and tag your fellow interviewee to go up next.   Answer Question

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I was asked a lot of questions that required me to explain my thought process when initiating, building and closing a sale. Most were open-ended, and my interviewer would ask me to elaborate when I wasn't sure there was a way to continue. It was illuminating, actually, and helped set the tone for an awesome learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great salesman?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview is usually done in a group setting, if you are lucky enough to get a 1 on 1 then your chances may be better. If you are in a group, it is like no interview you have ever done. Sometimes there are relay races, and short quizzes. They may test your sales techniques. Even ask crazy, off the wall questions, to see how creative you are, and if you will think outside the box. The key in these interviews is to stand out, and show them exactly who you are, without over doing it. Simply make a lasting impression.

Interview Questions

• If you are at the zoo and you steal a giraffe, bring it back to zumiez, how would you hide it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Good informational interview, multiple people from different parts of the IT department will be standing in. Took atleast 4 interviews to get the job over a 6 week time frame. To long IMO

Interview Questions

• hardest one: What makes you smart?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Weirdest interview of my life. I was called in to a group interview and instead of just asking us questions they made us sing and dance and play games with super complicated rules. I'm pretty sure I did terrible because I felt awkward dancing and singing in front of a group of strangers and even though I know retail is all about being outgoing I don't see what dancing and singing had to do with it. Anyway, once we concluded all the "games" we were each giving an individual interview in, what I can only call a closet, with one light bulb hanging from the ceiling and two of the managers. It was such a tight fit that we were all basically on top of each other and I felt very uncomfortable. I answered their questions in a hurry just to get out of there and then I left. I got a call back a few days later but I missed it and I never called back because even if they were offering me a job I didn't want it after the bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about Zumiez?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez in November 2014.

Interview

A few months back I had applied online and they didn't get back to me until I'd say 2 weeks. They didn't contact me, I had to to contact them 2 times. The first to hand in a resume and formerly introduce myself and the second to call and ask if they were still hiring, seeing as they didn't contact me at all after they said they would be holding interviews that Sunday. I backed them into a corner so to speak and I was scheduled for a group interview on Sunday. It was a fun experience, the managers are really laid back, cussing, and sharing some of their person experiences. They obviously proffered people with certain looks like tattoo's or crazy hair colors. Basically people that wore their products, and their image. People wore suits, cm'on are you kidding me? suits? No, Don't do that, it looked weird and not in the way that they were looking for. The people that commanded the most attention were people that had the grungy look of their store. It also helps to know how to sell things, and for god's sake, don't be quiet, show them you're passionate about their products. I declined the job simply because the ambiance of the store was,"We're friends but we sometimes steal sales from each other," and that just didn't sit right with me. Also do not go into the store thinking it's just a job, you need to know their products, you need to know how to sell, you don't just sit behind a counter and twiddle your hair in Walmart and shrug when a customer asks you a question about a product. If you're ONLY in it for the money, don't bother, you will not get hired. And even if you somehow fake it through the interview, you can't be fake forever.

Interview Questions

• Pick an item from the store and sell it to me   1 Answer

Meh, it seemed like the employee's in the zumiez I applied to would back stab new employee's. Not saying that all Zumiez employee's are stupidly fiercely competitive, just in my area.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

It was ok. They asked about open ended questions, they gave you a quiz on open ended questions and made us have a conversation with the manager and try to sell them something.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called for phone screening by hiring manager, then in person interview scheduled for following week. Separately interviewed with 4 different people, 2 from marketing department, 2 from higher organizational level. One interviewer stopped in the middle of the interview to tell me that they "did not like" a person who was walking by the window of the interview room.

Took a skills test on Excel, left the interview feeling good, but was not given a time-frame for when to expect an answer.

NEVER HEARD BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. This I found to be very UNPROFESSIONAL, a simple email is common courtesy. I even reached out twice to the hiring manager who contacted me and got no response. Very displeased with the overall experience.

Overall environment seemed chill, everyone was dressed casually and it seemed like a fun place to work.

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lakewood, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and got an offer for summer internship position. Their company culture was completely astonishing. They bring their dogs to the office. I Met CEO, who was also very cool. Zumiez was very comfortable, friendly, and good experience.

Second Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez in July 2016.

Interview

Found a posting on Craiglist for manager positions open. Sent a email to the poster and received a Quick phone interview with regional manager. Then was contacted by the store manager to come in and meet with team.