Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

I was asked if i wanted the position because they thought i would be a good fit and i had friends that worked there (was asked for a seasonal position)

Interview Questions

• I just applied online and there were no tricky questions. other times they have asked people how you would sell a certain product.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Everett, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

I came in and interviewed with two of the lower level employees. They asked basic questions but most importantly they want to gauge your interest as to how much you are truly into the lifestyle. This I believe, plays a big role on whether or not you get to the next interview. I interviewed three times before accepting the offer, each interview emphasized again, the interest in the culture and a few technical questions about Excel here or there.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

I applied at zumiez online and a week later got a call from the manager. We did a phone interview than I was invited to the group interview. There were about 9-10 other people, they asked some questions and then we partnered up and introduced our partners. We also had to come up with a bunch of open ended questions and read off our best one. We were than told the 6 c's and had to grab a clothing item and describe it using the 6 c's. Even though I missed one I was still offered the job. We were all there for almost 2 hours, it was pretty fun tho. Stay confident, smile, and make them laugh.

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is very unique... be prepared to think on you toes and be creative with your answers. They want to see your ability to think and respond quickly.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any car part which one and why?   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Hiring was quick and easy. Initially the company was a wreck being that they had just opened the warehouse in Corona, Ca other than that it was a very up and down company trying to put policies into place.

Negotiation

Since I was looking for a full time job with benefits it was a simple yes for me.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Even though I did the application online as asked, I still went in to the store and talked with the people that worked there to put myself out there and left my resume with the manager. I was super doubtful that they'd call me for an interview because I'm only seventeen and have no experience in retail, but a little over month later they called me for an interview. My interview was a group interview of about fourteen other people, and they divided us into two smaller groups. There they had us challenge each other by having an open ended question competition (seeing who could last the longest by asking questions that wouldn't give you an answer such as yes or no) to see how creative and quick on our feet we could be when it came to continue a sale with a customer with the more questions we asked. After that we also competed in the two groups to see who could come up with the best infomercial- using an assigned employee and the clothes they were wearing to try our best to be convincing and passionate about what we were marketing. It had to be very detailed because our minimum amount of time to perform our infomercials was five minutes. A lot of pressure, but honestly the most fun interview I've been to! Extremely low key with the set up of having us work together in a game like competitive nature. Some advice I have is to wear zumiez apparel, any of the brands they sell will do to prove you look the part. Also definitely use it as an opportunity to put yourself out there, they look for people that are super out going along with being competitive and creative! Because of the effort I put in with my group at my interview, I got called the next day and got hired. :) good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to ask open ended questions to a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate what times I could work and my soonest availability. While pay was not negotiable for me because I had no experience, they were super chill with my flexibility with working.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Brookfield, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional, had interview in crowded food court, did not give full attention, swore consistently, employer had see through shirt. Do not reccommend. In addition, quite hard to hear back from. I had to call 3 times in order to hear anything back about the job. Poor management.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was mediocre. The general manager didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about. She was very unprofessional. The questions she asked in the interview were rediculous and usually completely irrelevant to the job.

I had applied because I needed a second a job, and considering I have years of management experience, I thought it would be a snap. However, after the first interview, I never heard back from her.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to spend excessive money on newly stocked clothes in the store, to stay looking on top of the fashion scene?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez in July 2009.

Interview

I met with the regional manager in the mall where Zumiez was opening a new store. We spoke for about an hour and really hit it off. I was hired on the spot. In a way I gave her a bit of an education because I had significantly more experience with the products I would be selling and a better feel for the demographics of their new location.

Interview Questions

• Would i be comfortable selling ladies swimwear.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $10 per hour and was able to bump it up to $11. They try to entice you with their whole commission structure which turns out to be peanuts once you start working and realize what it takes to make any money there.