Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.0

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez in June 2017.

Interview

Applied, was consistently told that i would be called in for an interview the next week over the course of two months, eventually i was brought in for an interview where i was told that they were not going to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Melbourne, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview was solo with just the manager. We went over my resume, she was very personable, easy to talk to, and didn't ask anything too out of the ordinary. I was immediately asked if I'd like to attend the second interview and said yes. The second interview was a group interview towards the back of the store with myself and five other applicants. It wasn't as bad as I expected from some of these other interviews, I didn't have to sing, dance, or make up some type of chant. We basically just each went around talking about one interesting thing that would make us right for zumiez. We did an exercise where we had to pick one female item and one male item and sell it to the others in our group. Overall it was a good experience, unlike any other interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• She asked us if we could remember the names of every applicant in the group   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Victor, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was required to come back to the store every day at the same time to prove I was reliable before I was hired. It was very easy if you could make it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez in April 2015.

Interview

Basically a group interview with 14 other people including myself. They split us into two groups and had us basically do a group interview that mostly consisted of presentation to check out our personalities. In order to get the job you must be very outspoken and fun. Myself along with another female were the only two who had gotten hired from our group

Interview Questions

• Come up with a song or chant as a group that you believe represents Zumiez   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very lazy, did not ask many questions besides if I knew any brands, who I am and what I do as hobbies, have I had a job before, what days i'm usually free or flexible on working for, etc

Interview Questions

• "Do you know any brands that we carry?"   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (West Chester, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were four of us interviewed at once and we were interviewed by the store manager and the district manager. They opened the interview by asking us to tell a joke. They did activities like an open-ended question relay, where you had to ask five open-ended questions to show how you can interact with a customer. In another activity, the managers separated us one by one and one of them pretended to be a customer that was refusing to speak to us. We had 90 seconds to ask more open-ended questions and get them to talk to us. The interview really focused on your customer service skills. I didn't know how to build a skate deck at the time, and they said they could teach me that but they can't teach people skills. The end of the interview required us to put together an outfit. The store manager gave us a scenario (going hiking in Yellow Springs) and we had to choose an outfit and justify why we chose it.

Interview Questions

• Name five brands sold at Zumiez.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called for phone screening by hiring manager, then in person interview scheduled for following week. Separately interviewed with 4 different people, 2 from marketing department, 2 from higher organizational level. One interviewer stopped in the middle of the interview to tell me that they "did not like" a person who was walking by the window of the interview room.

Took a skills test on Excel, left the interview feeling good, but was not given a time-frame for when to expect an answer.

NEVER HEARD BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. This I found to be very UNPROFESSIONAL, a simple email is common courtesy. I even reached out twice to the hiring manager who contacted me and got no response. Very displeased with the overall experience.

Overall environment seemed chill, everyone was dressed casually and it seemed like a fun place to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Brookfield, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional, had interview in crowded food court, did not give full attention, swore consistently, employer had see through shirt. Do not reccommend. In addition, quite hard to hear back from. I had to call 3 times in order to hear anything back about the job. Poor management.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview setting . They want to see how you interact as a team and as a leader. If your quiet and don't speak up you will be overlooked. Be friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lakewood, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and got an offer for summer internship position. Their company culture was completely astonishing. They bring their dogs to the office. I Met CEO, who was also very cool. Zumiez was very comfortable, friendly, and good experience.