Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zumiez (Houston, TX).

Interview

the whole vibe of the place was very chill and welcoming. the employers joked around and made us all feel comfortable and welcomed. i did have to wait for a month and went to 3 interviews. 2 face to face and one group interview. the 1 on 1 interviews were basic while the group interview we were split in groups made to write a chant we also had to pick out a outfit (top bottoms shoes and accessories) overall my experience with these interviews were fun and easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

One on one or group interview not like many others, just more like games and talking. Grab clothes from the store and try to sell it like a info commercial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Outdoor interview near the actual store location. Approximately 10 people (including myself) in the group interview I participated in. The interview is split into three parts, I only participated in the first part. Included a "relay race" where we had to ask the interviewee 5 open-ended questions and keep a conversation going therein. Then we had to write down open-ended questions that we would ask customers to help drive a sale. Then we were asked to describe something (one item) we were wearing in accordance with Zumiez' "6 Cs" (Cost, Color, Cut, Content, Care, Coordinate) product knowledge pointers. Then we were given an opportunity to ask any questions we had.

Interview Questions

• I recently moved back to Emeryville.   1 Answer
    • For the lady.   1 Answer
    • My girlfriend.   1 Answer
    • Through a mutual friend.   1 Answer
    • (high school that I can't remember the name of)   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laidback and honestly a great experience. The 2 assistant managers wanted all of us to be as loud and fun and authentic as possible which I appreciated and found really cool. A lot of reviews on here mention stuff like relay races, coming up with a song, or other weird things but we weren't asked to do any of that. I really wanted this job more than anything, but unfortunately wasn't chosen to fill a position. However I have nothing negative to say about them!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Mesquite, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

was very east and relaxed. The store manger asked questions about my resume and then told me what ill be applying for and responsibilities. Also asked if was able to travel to both stories near the metroplex

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience in retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I loved it until we got a new store manger. he was very young and new to the spot so it was kinda relearning what we know and started to doing things way differently from when i staterd

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lakewood, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and got an offer for summer internship position. Their company culture was completely astonishing. They bring their dogs to the office. I Met CEO, who was also very cool. Zumiez was very comfortable, friendly, and good experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Portland, OR).

Interview

The process, while long - 3 separate interviews - was very laid-back and enjoyable. My first interview was in the seating area of the mall I first applied for, and the store manager and I just sat and chatted for about 30 minutes. It was incredibly laid-back, and he only asked 2 or 3 "interview questions" - mainly about strengths/prior experience - while the rest were "get to know you" questions focused on seeing if I would be a good fit for the company and learning my personality. It was more like meeting a new friend than being grilled for a job.
    I was then offered a slot in what they call a "gauntlet interview" - a group interview where you answer questions posed by all the store managers hiring in the district, along with the district manager.
    This was a bit more intimidating, as the questions were a lot more serious - typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary - and you were answering to the "top of the chain" and your potential bosses.
    However, it was still relatively laid-back and there were plenty of jokes thrown around. You could tell the managers genuinely enjoyed their jobs and were genuinely interested in hiring someone who would be a good fit.

I was then contacted to come to my local store to talk with the manager of that mall location, as well as a manager from another store who was interested in bringing me in. We chatted in chairs outside the shop for about 30 minutes, mostly again just general questions to get to know me, nothing typical of an interview and more or less something you'd expect when hunting for a new roommate or work-out buddy. They asked me what locations I'd be interested in working at, what hours and salary I expected, and discussed the different levels of management within the company - as they were looking for both 1st and 2nd assistants, but typically start people at 2nd.

I was offered a position as a 2nd assistant manager the next day, and while it took quite a few weeks and interviews, I've been very pleased with the process of entering the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very and easy and fun. I was interviewed with about 15-20 different people and the process took about 2 hours. The manager and store employees created a really fun and loose environment for all of us. They got to see who they were really hiring instead of the same lines everyone had heard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple and straight forward, very relaxing and fun environment.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Ontario, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application. I filled it out and got a call back for an interview a week later. The interview was fairly easy. I got called back and accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales and or retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Merced, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. Most of the questions were to describe myself or experience that prepared me for the job. Due to the store being in the mall, we just sat out on the benches in the aisle and she gave me the interview. It was an extremely relaxed environment. I did not dress up because I had notified the manager when she called me that I was in just regular clothes because I was coming from school and she was very understanding about it. Overall, great interview experience.