Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.1

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, but there was only two of us. We had to describe ourselves, then we were asked to give 5 examples of open ended questions, then we had to make a sale to the managers. It was a very simple interview, it only took 12 mintues.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

It was ok. They asked about open ended questions, they gave you a quiz on open ended questions and made us have a conversation with the manager and try to sell them something.

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (San Juan, PR) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was really laid back. It was a group interview outside of the store with the manager and four other applicants. They asked some simple questions to see if we knew about the store or any of the brands. Fairly easy and very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Which brand from our store is your favorite? Now try to sale that brand to us   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zumiez (Grapevine, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer showed up about 45 minutes late,actual interview lasted less than 30 minutes and by the end of the day I got a call saying they would hire me

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Melbourne, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview was solo with just the manager. We went over my resume, she was very personable, easy to talk to, and didn't ask anything too out of the ordinary. I was immediately asked if I'd like to attend the second interview and said yes. The second interview was a group interview towards the back of the store with myself and five other applicants. It wasn't as bad as I expected from some of these other interviews, I didn't have to sing, dance, or make up some type of chant. We basically just each went around talking about one interesting thing that would make us right for zumiez. We did an exercise where we had to pick one female item and one male item and sell it to the others in our group. Overall it was a good experience, unlike any other interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• She asked us if we could remember the names of every applicant in the group   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Austin, TX).

Interview

I did an online application and they got back to me in 1-2 days. Really easy interview, I just went in and the main manager interview me. She asked really easy questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, what have you exceeded at in life, etc. She let me know at the end of the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualities that you need to work on   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You basically have to do a group interview and try to make an informercial about a product. Then, they want you to write some answers down and at the end they give you a small talk about what you will be required to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good product and why would people buy it? (For infomercial)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY).

Interview

So I applied online and in one hour got a call asking If I can come in for a Interview. the day on the interview I walked in and told them I am here for an interview so the store close's and It turns out to be a group interview. The group interview was pretty fun and last about for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• they asked us to dance and name 5 brands we sale her at Zumiez   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laidback and honestly a great experience. The 2 assistant managers wanted all of us to be as loud and fun and authentic as possible which I appreciated and found really cool. A lot of reviews on here mention stuff like relay races, coming up with a song, or other weird things but we weren't asked to do any of that. I really wanted this job more than anything, but unfortunately wasn't chosen to fill a position. However I have nothing negative to say about them!

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Ontario, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application. I filled it out and got a call back for an interview a week later. The interview was fairly easy. I got called back and accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales and or retail?   1 Answer