Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Austin, TX).

Interview

I did an online application and they got back to me in 1-2 days. Really easy interview, I just went in and the main manager interview me. She asked really easy questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, what have you exceeded at in life, etc. She let me know at the end of the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualities that you need to work on   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You basically have to do a group interview and try to make an informercial about a product. Then, they want you to write some answers down and at the end they give you a small talk about what you will be required to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good product and why would people buy it? (For infomercial)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY).

Interview

So I applied online and in one hour got a call asking If I can come in for a Interview. the day on the interview I walked in and told them I am here for an interview so the store close's and It turns out to be a group interview. The group interview was pretty fun and last about for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• they asked us to dance and name 5 brands we sale her at Zumiez   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laidback and honestly a great experience. The 2 assistant managers wanted all of us to be as loud and fun and authentic as possible which I appreciated and found really cool. A lot of reviews on here mention stuff like relay races, coming up with a song, or other weird things but we weren't asked to do any of that. I really wanted this job more than anything, but unfortunately wasn't chosen to fill a position. However I have nothing negative to say about them!

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Ontario, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application. I filled it out and got a call back for an interview a week later. The interview was fairly easy. I got called back and accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales and or retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Providence, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also followed up with the store by coming in to meet the staff and managers and also followed up with phone calls until I recieved an interview. I got a phone call about week later to come in for an interview. I was taken right outside of the store and was asked a series of interview questions. Then I received a text a few days later saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 brands that we sell here at Zumiez.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I kinda went in and they asked me a few basic questions, about experience and such and then they gave me the job on the spot, took probably 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

In was a group interview of 15 people we broke into groups of three. The mangers had us tell our names and something about ourselves. Their were three group activities the 1st we had to come up with open ended questions to ask customers ie: how are you doing? What kind of music do you like? Basically getting to know the customers, 2nd they gave us two pair of pants and had to figure out the difference in them and the final thing was to find an outfit to go with a pair of shoes. They didn't ask your typical job interview questions matter of fact no questions were asked at all just do the activities and once it's over you just write your name and availability than another manager will contact you. Also it's best to dress in the type of clothes they sell ie: sneakers shirts jeans no need to dress up but ask a manager just in case Good Luck Future Employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun we took the interview after hours and we were split into two groups and had to make an outfit for a customer than they asked about our personalities and who we are

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview over all was very fun! There were 4 of us and we broke off into little groups. And they asked me some questions like why did you apply to Zumiez and why you want to work there. Then we did some activities. Which was super fun. We had to pick an outfit out for the manager or who ever was interviewing us. Then we had to sell a product to them. It was very laid back and fun. What to wear, somthing from Zumiez or causal. Don't be late, I'd show up early. And be confidant