Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Melbourne, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview was solo with just the manager. We went over my resume, she was very personable, easy to talk to, and didn't ask anything too out of the ordinary. I was immediately asked if I'd like to attend the second interview and said yes. The second interview was a group interview towards the back of the store with myself and five other applicants. It wasn't as bad as I expected from some of these other interviews, I didn't have to sing, dance, or make up some type of chant. We basically just each went around talking about one interesting thing that would make us right for zumiez. We did an exercise where we had to pick one female item and one male item and sell it to the others in our group. Overall it was a good experience, unlike any other interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• She asked us if we could remember the names of every applicant in the group   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Austin, TX).

Interview

I did an online application and they got back to me in 1-2 days. Really easy interview, I just went in and the main manager interview me. She asked really easy questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, what have you exceeded at in life, etc. She let me know at the end of the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualities that you need to work on   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You basically have to do a group interview and try to make an informercial about a product. Then, they want you to write some answers down and at the end they give you a small talk about what you will be required to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good product and why would people buy it? (For infomercial)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY).

Interview

So I applied online and in one hour got a call asking If I can come in for a Interview. the day on the interview I walked in and told them I am here for an interview so the store close's and It turns out to be a group interview. The group interview was pretty fun and last about for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• they asked us to dance and name 5 brands we sale her at Zumiez   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laidback and honestly a great experience. The 2 assistant managers wanted all of us to be as loud and fun and authentic as possible which I appreciated and found really cool. A lot of reviews on here mention stuff like relay races, coming up with a song, or other weird things but we weren't asked to do any of that. I really wanted this job more than anything, but unfortunately wasn't chosen to fill a position. However I have nothing negative to say about them!

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Ontario, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application. I filled it out and got a call back for an interview a week later. The interview was fairly easy. I got called back and accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales and or retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Providence, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also followed up with the store by coming in to meet the staff and managers and also followed up with phone calls until I recieved an interview. I got a phone call about week later to come in for an interview. I was taken right outside of the store and was asked a series of interview questions. Then I received a text a few days later saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 brands that we sell here at Zumiez.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I kinda went in and they asked me a few basic questions, about experience and such and then they gave me the job on the spot, took probably 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview setting . They want to see how you interact as a team and as a leader. If your quiet and don't speak up you will be overlooked. Be friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun we took the interview after hours and we were split into two groups and had to make an outfit for a customer than they asked about our personalities and who we are