Zumiez Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions

1.6

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (West Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied and I randomly was called one day. Two days later, I sat in the mall food court with the manager and we had a humorous interview filled with questions of my past management experience and three days after that he called explaining what he thought my strengths were and offered me a job. They e-mail a job offer and then you fill out forms on a computer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to rank how motivated, friendly, competitive, aggressive, etc. I was.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lawrenceville, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

A employee had referred me to an up and coming store manager. We met up at the mall food court and sat and talked for a half hour. It was more laid back and conversational than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about skate? What brands do you wear? What was your past job experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I was asked a lot of questions that required me to explain my thought process when initiating, building and closing a sale. Most were open-ended, and my interviewer would ask me to elaborate when I wasn't sure there was a way to continue. It was illuminating, actually, and helped set the tone for an awesome learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great salesman?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Mays Landing, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Literally walked around the mall, it wasn't an interview. It felt like he was trying to talk to me as a friend as opposed to a potential manager. Extremely easy and I was offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your strengths and weaknesses are?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Interviewed with he district manager and was hired in less then a week. I was at a job fair at the mall, and I guess he was recruiting people from like companies. We had an initial conversation about nothing and like how I was out going and honest. He really wanted to bring me in quick so I met with the store manager and scored the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any key holding experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Poughkeepsie, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I went into the store and spoke with the manager about a position. Then I applied online and had an interview with the store manager. Which was super easy, then I had to wait to interview with the district manager. The interview was in the food court of the mall and really laid back. In the end I was hired before my interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and how could you improve your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Arlington, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Environment: laid back, relaxed, and fun
    Customers: actions sports, music, and urban lifestyle
    Know your gear and know your customer. Be driven but not overbearing.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick Zumiez over any of the other competition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I asked for "x" amount and they countered it with $9.50 (final offer).