Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a call from an internal recruiter about a position for which I was well suited. I consider myself to be open to opportunity although not actively looking. As I thought this would be a good fit, I pursued the opportunity, Which, it turned out, was not an opportunity, rather a colossal waste of time, based on Zurich's never-ending reorganization. The interviewer then proceeded to read questions off of a sheet of paper, avoiding eye contact throughout the process. When it was time to move to the next question on the list, the question just answered was crossed off of the list. As more than three months have passed since the interview and I have heard nothing back, I am going to say no offer is forthcoming. Which is fine. I could not imagine being desperate enough to work for the person who interviewed me or in an environment that treated me with such a stunning lack of respect.

Interview Questions

• First thing out of the mouth of the person to whom the role reported: We announced a reorganization yesterday and are not certain how this role fits into the company going forward.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past jobs   1 Answer
    • Do you think your career has relevant experience to this role?   1 Answer
    • Killer question of all time: Can you use Microsoft Office?   1 Answer

Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had five round interviews. Three phone interviews and two interviews in person in the span of six months, which were all behavior and nothing technical. Each of the five people that I interviewed with asked me the same generic questions. I assumed that after passing four rounds of interviews I would get the job; but alas, they told me that I was the next person in line if the other three in front of me did not accept their offers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group project and a conflict occurred. What was your role and how did you attempt to solve it?
      Why did you apply to this specific role?
      Why did you apply to Zurich Insurance?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting process. Just one round. Be prepared for the technical based questions, mostly focus on your statistical knowledge. Also be asked a small case question related to their current project.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin and got an email for a phone interview. I thought it went well; asked why Zurch, why insurance, and basic behavioral questions. I am a college student so also asked me what I am involved with on campus.
    I was told I would hear back within 2-3 weeks, about a month passed and I still hadn't heard anything so I emailed the HR person I spoke to on the phone and no response. Obviously I didn't get to the second round but they didn't even have the decency to ever contact me to say they were going with other candidates. Very unprofessional.

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online then got an email from a recruiter about having a phone interview. Had the call, brief interview about skills and employers. Then was told I would get an in-person interview email when my documents were sent through. Got an interview, had it but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?
      What do you do when a conflict arises? (get a manager, or solve it yourself)
      How do you work with others?   Answer Question

Claims Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two days later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled a day later. The phone call lasted about 15 minutes. Spoke with the recruiter in which I was drilled with questions after questions. It seemed robotic, so I know she was reading from a script. I was first asked screening questions like was eligible to work in the U.S., do I have proof to show that I can work and so forth. After that I was asked to go over my background. Then I was asked what did I know about zurich? why did I apply for the position? how do I organize myself - wanted detail examples. how do i stay focus daily? how did I ever deal with irate customer? How do I multitask? After all these questions, I was then briefly given a description of the position. I was told that my resume would be forwarded to the hiring manager and that I would receive a phone call or email if they wanted to schedule an in person interview.

Claims Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Rockford, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

phone interview, was asked responsibilities of my job and my skills, went over job history, reason for separation, was asked about a background check, was offered in person interview which i never got

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted about a week after applying online for a basic phone screening with an internal HR recruiter. Mainly discussed my experience and the job description. Two weeks later met with the hiring manager discussed my experience and the job duties and a little more about the company. A week later had a phone interview with the Regional Manager again discussed my experience and the job description. They asked more behavioral questions focusing on working with a team. The next day I received a request to submit for a background check. They use a third party company and they contacted me 4x for info. Background check took 3 weeks to complete. Once the background was done HR said they would see how the manager wants to proceed. Got a message 3 weeks later from the recruiter saying they want to offer me the job but need internal approval. I followed up 2 weeks later and was told they still want to hire me but the hiring was put on hold for a few weeks and they will contact me at that time. Never heard from them again. This process took almost 4 months. Very unprofessional to lead candidates on like this and not even give a phone call or answer follow up emails not to mention this is a very drawn out and repetitive hiring process for an entry level position.

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was about 30 mins. We went over experience, qualification assessment. I met with department managers and they were not prepared. Interview questions were simple. When asked if I had questions, I asked what they would consider to be some challenges of position. They hesitated and could not provide answer. One of interviewers look at the other and said "you answer that". I was a little disappointed. I expected more

Interview Questions

• How many people work within your current company ?   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zurich North America in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted from recruiter exactly 1 month after applying. Fairly simple phone interview. Scheduled in person interview afterward. Really awkward. Didn't ask any behavioral questions. Interviewers were 15 minutes late. It only lasted about 20 minutes; they seemed completely uninterested at "Nice to meet you"/ I was properly dressed so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Ask questions from my resume only- experience   Answer Question