Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zurich North America Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Claimes Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter about a week later.
    Did a phone interview, which was mostly HR screening questions and a few behavioral questions.
    Set up an interview at their offices. It was a handful of candidates and four interviewers. We rotated through the interviews and they were split up into four different themes. One of them was a technical interview where they wanted to know about my knowledge of the industry and my knowledge of computers.

Interview Questions

• What do you see the future of the insurance industry as?
      What is your favorite excel shortcut?
      Tell me about a time you did this or that (a lot of those types of questions).
      Answer Question

Interview

Quick, HR was kind and asked straight forward questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes with HR, I received a phone call for a second interview days later which also lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - tell me about yourself, tell me about a time..., How would your friends describe you   Answer Question

Anonymous Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Process took about a couple of weeks. First applied online, then got a call for a phone interview 4 days later. After that, I got an email for an in-person interview. Met with two managers and it was fairly easy. Basic questions, job history, personality assessment with questions. After that, got a call about a week later with the offer!

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team environment? Where do you see yourself in the near future?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call explaining the benefits, offer letter to come. Salary seemed non-negotiable.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin and got an email for a phone interview. I thought it went well; asked why Zurch, why insurance, and basic behavioral questions. I am a college student so also asked me what I am involved with on campus.
    I was told I would hear back within 2-3 weeks, about a month passed and I still hadn't heard anything so I emailed the HR person I spoke to on the phone and no response. Obviously I didn't get to the second round but they didn't even have the decency to ever contact me to say they were going with other candidates. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Applied online ans got an email for a phone interview 3 weeks later. Brief phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Got an email a week later for an in person interview. Interview was with 2 managers and last about an hour. Got a call 2 days later with an offer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone screening the next day. The following day I completed the phone screening, and got a call later that afternoon to schedule the in person interview. I had the interview a few days later, and got a call that afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with investigating coverage?   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of a time you demonstrated team building.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online then got an email from a recruiter about having a phone interview. Had the call, brief interview about skills and employers. Then was told I would get an in-person interview email when my documents were sent through. Got an interview, had it but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?
      What do you do when a conflict arises? (get a manager, or solve it yourself)
      How do you work with others?
      Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 1 month, everyone i met with was very friendly. Overall it was very positive experience for me. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes.

1.) Phone Interview,
    2.) In person interview: Met with 2 managers
    3.) In person interview: Met with 3 more managers
    4.) Case Study

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions geared towards past experience.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in June, received call from HR in mid July for 20 minute phone screen, had an in person interview with 2 managers a week later, the following week had another interview with upper management. Received offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• what do I know about the company, why I wanted to work for the company, what type of manager I would like to work for, how well do I work on a team, why I left my previous employer, etc.   Answer Question

Claims Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two days later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled a day later. The phone call lasted about 15 minutes. Spoke with the recruiter in which I was drilled with questions after questions. It seemed robotic, so I know she was reading from a script. I was first asked screening questions like was eligible to work in the U.S., do I have proof to show that I can work and so forth. After that I was asked to go over my background. Then I was asked what did I know about zurich? why did I apply for the position? how do I organize myself - wanted detail examples. how do i stay focus daily? how did I ever deal with irate customer? How do I multitask? After all these questions, I was then briefly given a description of the position. I was told that my resume would be forwarded to the hiring manager and that I would receive a phone call or email if they wanted to schedule an in person interview.