Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.8

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin and got an email for a phone interview. I thought it went well; asked why Zurch, why insurance, and basic behavioral questions. I am a college student so also asked me what I am involved with on campus.
    I was told I would hear back within 2-3 weeks, about a month passed and I still hadn't heard anything so I emailed the HR person I spoke to on the phone and no response. Obviously I didn't get to the second round but they didn't even have the decency to ever contact me to say they were going with other candidates. Very unprofessional.

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Plantation, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Extremely informed recruiter, Friendly to talk, simple process, honest timelines. You can feel they are interested in you and want you. My recruiter was fantastic. Honest, caring, friendly and very helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Applied online ans got an email for a phone interview 3 weeks later. Brief phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Got an email a week later for an in person interview. Interview was with 2 managers and last about an hour. Got a call 2 days later with an offer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone screening the next day. The following day I completed the phone screening, and got a call later that afternoon to schedule the in person interview. I had the interview a few days later, and got a call that afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with investigating coverage?   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of a time you demonstrated team building.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online then got an email from a recruiter about having a phone interview. Had the call, brief interview about skills and employers. Then was told I would get an in-person interview email when my documents were sent through. Got an interview, had it but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?
      What do you do when a conflict arises? (get a manager, or solve it yourself)
      How do you work with others?
      Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 1 month, everyone i met with was very friendly. Overall it was very positive experience for me. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes.

1.) Phone Interview,
    2.) In person interview: Met with 2 managers
    3.) In person interview: Met with 3 more managers
    4.) Case Study

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions geared towards past experience.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in June, received call from HR in mid July for 20 minute phone screen, had an in person interview with 2 managers a week later, the following week had another interview with upper management. Received offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• what do I know about the company, why I wanted to work for the company, what type of manager I would like to work for, how well do I work on a team, why I left my previous employer, etc.   Answer Question

Claims Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two days later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled a day later. The phone call lasted about 15 minutes. Spoke with the recruiter in which I was drilled with questions after questions. It seemed robotic, so I know she was reading from a script. I was first asked screening questions like was eligible to work in the U.S., do I have proof to show that I can work and so forth. After that I was asked to go over my background. Then I was asked what did I know about zurich? why did I apply for the position? how do I organize myself - wanted detail examples. how do i stay focus daily? how did I ever deal with irate customer? How do I multitask? After all these questions, I was then briefly given a description of the position. I was told that my resume would be forwarded to the hiring manager and that I would receive a phone call or email if they wanted to schedule an in person interview.

Claims Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Rockford, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

phone interview, was asked responsibilities of my job and my skills, went over job history, reason for separation, was asked about a background check, was offered in person interview which i never got

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted about a week after applying online for a basic phone screening with an internal HR recruiter. Mainly discussed my experience and the job description. Two weeks later met with the hiring manager discussed my experience and the job duties and a little more about the company. A week later had a phone interview with the Regional Manager again discussed my experience and the job description. They asked more behavioral questions focusing on working with a team. The next day I received a request to submit for a background check. They use a third party company and they contacted me 4x for info. Background check took 3 weeks to complete. Once the background was done HR said they would see how the manager wants to proceed. Got a message 3 weeks later from the recruiter saying they want to offer me the job but need internal approval. I followed up 2 weeks later and was told they still want to hire me but the hiring was put on hold for a few weeks and they will contact me at that time. Never heard from them again. This process took almost 4 months. Very unprofessional to lead candidates on like this and not even give a phone call or answer follow up emails not to mention this is a very drawn out and repetitive hiring process for an entry level position.