Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.8

Claims Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Rockford, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

phone interview, was asked responsibilities of my job and my skills, went over job history, reason for separation, was asked about a background check, was offered in person interview which i never got

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted about a week after applying online for a basic phone screening with an internal HR recruiter. Mainly discussed my experience and the job description. Two weeks later met with the hiring manager discussed my experience and the job duties and a little more about the company. A week later had a phone interview with the Regional Manager again discussed my experience and the job description. They asked more behavioral questions focusing on working with a team. The next day I received a request to submit for a background check. They use a third party company and they contacted me 4x for info. Background check took 3 weeks to complete. Once the background was done HR said they would see how the manager wants to proceed. Got a message 3 weeks later from the recruiter saying they want to offer me the job but need internal approval. I followed up 2 weeks later and was told they still want to hire me but the hiring was put on hold for a few weeks and they will contact me at that time. Never heard from them again. This process took almost 4 months. Very unprofessional to lead candidates on like this and not even give a phone call or answer follow up emails not to mention this is a very drawn out and repetitive hiring process for an entry level position.

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was about 30 mins. We went over experience, qualification assessment. I met with department managers and they were not prepared. Interview questions were simple. When asked if I had questions, I asked what they would consider to be some challenges of position. They hesitated and could not provide answer. One of interviewers look at the other and said "you answer that". I was a little disappointed. I expected more

Interview Questions

• How many people work within your current company ?   1 Answer

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Job was posted on internal company website, I applied and called the internal recruiter and did a telephone interview, then she referred me to the hiring manager, who set up an interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Give scenarios for customer service and handling conflict. Also asked a lot about multi-tasking and handling heavy workload   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process began over the phone and then I was scheduled to meet with a few memebrs of the company for a face-to-face interview. The job duties and descriptions were discussed in length as well as some background about the company. Both interviews went really well.

Interview Questions

• The questions were geared towards my work experience and how it fits into the job description   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zurich North America in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted from recruiter exactly 1 month after applying. Fairly simple phone interview. Scheduled in person interview afterward. Really awkward. Didn't ask any behavioral questions. Interviewers were 15 minutes late. It only lasted about 20 minutes; they seemed completely uninterested at "Nice to meet you"/ I was properly dressed so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Ask questions from my resume only- experience   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

I initially applied online, then contacted a recruiter whose number I found online. After introducing myself to the recruiter they said they would let me know if anything came up. 3 days later the recruiter called to set up an interview, that interview lasted around 15 minutes. A week after that the recruiter called back to schedule an interview with a hiring manager for the following week. That interview lasted about 30 minutes as well. I received an offer via phone call the next day. The entire process took just over 3 weeks.

Things to note:
    -Mostly behavioral questions
    -Be prepared to talk about your resume
    -Do some research on the company

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you faced a moral dilemma.
      Tell me about ____ on your resume.   Answer Question

Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume online. First step was a call from HR in order to set up a phone interview for a few days later with HR. Next was a call to set up an in-person interview within a week or two with my Manager to be, his manager and the manager's manager. Total of about 1.5 hours of interview time. I was offered the position within a week or so after the interviews and about 2 weeks later (after the background check was completed) I started. There is no drug test

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter - general information
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager - behavioral questions
    3. Onsite interview with the team (lunch with 2 analysts) - situation type questions

Overall the interview process was very smooth and the people who interviewed me were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time when you were trying to solve a problem and you found more than one root cause?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

two phone interviews and in person. The recruiter was the first interview. Second was hiring manager. Third interview in person was with two sets of two hiring managers.