Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zurich North America

2.8

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an extensive interview. The interviewer probed knowledge of system and business acumen. It was a very thorough and long process. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years time with the company?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very lengthy process with two phone interviews followed by 4 more in person taking about 6 weeks. Had to travel to three interviews over 3 hours away. All were basically the same thing over and over, almost seemed like interviewers were waiting on some one else to make a decision. Pattern in the company that runs all the way up to management, no one wants to make a decision without some other person taking responsibility for the choice or decision.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this stapler....Really??? More interested in beg for this job more than anyone on earth than qualifications.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Had a phone interview that was very personality and behavioral focused. Then had to take a skills/IQ test online as well as a personality test. After which was the in person interview. In person interview was with the direct hiring manager. About two hours long. And then I had an offer the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I had interviewed twice in the last two years for two different positions. In each case, I was contacted by a Zurich recruiter and had interviews scheduled rather quickly. The first position I interviewed for, I did not hear anything back so after two weeks I reached out and was told they're still in the interview process. Another two weeks or so passed and I noticed the job was taken down. I asked the Zurich HR person and she immediately replied they went with someone else. That was overall a professional experience.
    Fast forward to about six months later and I was again contacted by a Zurich recruiter and had an interview set up. After the interview, I sent for a status update about two weeks later and heard nothing. I sent another email about a week after that and heard nothing. I then contacted the person I interviewed with and she told me they were still in the process. I waited another two weeks after that and contacted the Zurich HR person (different person from the interview for the other job), and again, received no response. This was a poor experience for me and left me wondering why I wouldn't even receive a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one Informal interview to get to know more about the company. It allowed me to see if I was a good fit for the organization.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, followed by an interview with the hiring manager and colleagues. The hiring manager screens candidates using the interview with HR. Depending on the answers you give and your Resume, the HM decides whether he wants to meet with you in person or not.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions. Managers wanted to know who I was and what I was capable of. The main question was: how do you organize yourself?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Interview

meet with local manager first, if local manager recommends, you will meet with senior staff - regional H.O. managers in Owings Mill, MD. If the ok is received from H.O. hiring manager can make the final call.

Interview Questions

• In general they want to know how well you know your market/territory and agent/agency relationships you bring to the table. Organization's market awarness is very high.   Answer Question

Negotiation

win win

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Application, Interviews, Aptitude and Personalty test, Background check. I interviewed with 5 people within the department which gave helpful insight to their different perspectives. Overall the process was long but very informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Process takes too long

Interview Questions

• None - just long periods between interview steps in the process   Answer Question

Found a better company to work for. Worried about the culture/reputation of Zurich and having that on my resume.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. recruiter called, brief phone interview, set up a formal interview with management. It was a standard interview process. If I didn't have insurance or underwriting experience I wouldn't be able to bluff my way through. Insurance is pretty cut and dry either you know it or you don't