Zurich North America Underwriter Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zurich North America

2.5

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. recruiter called, brief phone interview, set up a formal interview with management. It was a standard interview process. If I didn't have insurance or underwriting experience I wouldn't be able to bluff my way through. Insurance is pretty cut and dry either you know it or you don't

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zurich North America

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

The interview process is fairly quick in comparison to other companies. The phone interview was straight to the point. Pretty basic questions were asked. The lady was very nice and gave me very useful information.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who asked very few, simple questions. Two weeks later, the recruiter called and set up an onsite interview. I met with two hiring managers simultaneously that asked me a series of seven behavioral/situational questions. After that they asked additional questions that they had come up during the original questions and, more specifically, about my work history. At the end, they asked if I had any questions. After a week, the recruiter contacted me again and had me meet with the Underwriting Supervisor and a Director. These onsite interviews were more specific to me as a candidate. I met with these two individuals separately. Each took about 45 minutes. Again, time was allotted at the end for me to ask questions. Two weeks later I received an offer.

The interview questions were very standard. They wanted answers to paint a picture of the situation, how you handled it, and the outcome.

Having good questions specific to the position and the company culture were very important. Also, ask questions about things that come up in conversation to show you are listening and digesting the information they provide.

Interview Questions

• What will be the biggest issue you encounter while adapting to your new manager's style of management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Cleveland, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone initially then followed up with an in person interview with the Underwriting Manager. It took 5 months to get hired. Questions were based on experience, a few were on how I handled difficult situations. Both interviewers discussed processes and procedures in length.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively simple at the time but they are now implementing situation, action, result interview questions to determine behaviors over technical experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was in line with my expectations. Benefits are comparable to industry but health care is only HSA options and you have to wait a full 30 days until the following first of the month, so if you are hired on the 15th of the month, you'll be waiting 45 days for coverage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. She said it went really well and I'd hear soon from the hiring manager then I never heard back from anyone. It was a very disheartening experience.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Brief telephone interview with a recruiter. Lasted about 15 minutes. Was passed on to the hiring manager who conducted a second phone interview. Was then asked if I would come to Philadelphia for an in-person interview, but I had to decline because I was pursuing other positions in different cities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Had an initial call with HR, then interview with managers, and interview with director of operations. The interviews were quite lengthy. After the interviews HR completed the background check (before indicating there was an offer) and it took a few weeks. They needed to hear back from everyone you ever worked for, every school you attended, etc. They would call back with the status (i.e. We are waiting to hear from___ before we can move on). After the background check was complete they called to extend an offer and asked for me to start in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about education, previous experience, and what you would do in certain situations.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Interview

Quick, HR was kind and asked straight forward questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes with HR, I received a phone call for a second interview days later which also lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - tell me about yourself, tell me about a time..., How would your friends describe you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied in June, received call from HR in mid July for 20 minute phone screen, had an in person interview with 2 managers a week later, the following week had another interview with upper management. Received offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• what do I know about the company, why I wanted to work for the company, what type of manager I would like to work for, how well do I work on a team, why I left my previous employer, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. I thought the interview went great and was told I would hear back soon from the hiring manager. 3 weeks later and still haven't heard back and 2 emails have gone unanswered.

Interview Questions

• On a scale 1-10 rate how familiar you are with each line of business.   Answer Question