Zynga Interview Questions in Bangalore, India | Glassdoor

Zynga Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant apart from the long waiting. The interviewers were very nice and helpful, so were the HR people. Were offered lunch as well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find if a linked list contains a cycle.
      2. Convert a string to an integer.
      3. Given a family tree, find the average age of a given generation.
      4. Add 1 to a number represented as a linked list.

Apart from these there were various questions on Java, DBMS, REST, Networks and also on the projects previously done.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a quick phone screen from HR. HR was very professional and explained about the company in general and the team specific to Bangalore. After a few work background questions, I was asked for a F2F availability the same week. F2F usually held on weekends with at least 15+ other candidates. F2F are one on ones.

Interview Questions

• It is based on the team\position and number of years of experience.. Linked list with a loop, design a ReST service (end to end) Java pop quiz   Answer Question

Content Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Prior to the interview I was required to complete an assignment and mail it in three days' time. It involved a lot of creative writing. Once my assignment was shortlisted, I got an interview call. There were two more short tests that were fun to do. The interviews were casual and easy. I spoke about my travels and creative pursuits and about why the position interested me.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to learn immediately upon joining?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Eight rounds of interviews spread over 2 weeks - on-site, over Skype and over phone. They test you well in all respects. The interviewers were polite and had great knowledge about the work they were doing. Management level interviews tested how I fit within the culture. They normally do two interviews a day and I had three visits.

Interview Questions

• Optimizing graphics, data structures, algorithm analysis, discussion about previous work etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through phone and asked for preferred timings. Had 1 round of phone screen and multiple rounds of design, architecture and coding. Had a HR round which was focused on managerial and soft skills. Interviewers are on time and friendly throughout.

Upfront communication from recruiter and rounds scheduled properly.

Interview Questions

• Questions on software design and architecture. Had coding rounds also. Emphasis on Dynamic programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to Zynga through linkedin for their Game Services team, and the process moved really fast. I had one on one interview with the Engineering Director at the SF office, who asked basic concepts (how hashmaps works, write code for find if the given strings are anagram or not etc.).

I got call next day morning and f2f interviews were scheduled after 3 days. I met the Engineering Manager for the game services team for the first round, and she largely asked about my current project, how would I go about selecting rdbms vs nosql for a project, and writing code to remove duplicates from a linkedlist etc.

Second round was design/architecture round with a senior developer, and we spent the entire time discussing how to design a leaderboard. She was looking at the "sorted set" implementation of redis, which I was not aware of beforehand.

Third round was with Senior Engineering Director, who had been in the bangalore office for a visit. He asked basic questions about time/space complexity for the given code snippet and asked me to program how to insert a number in a sorted linked list.

After that I met the HR manager, who asked about expected CTC, when can I join etc. and usual HR questionnaire, and told me that they would get back to me in next 2-3 days with their response. I got a rejection mail about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

This company not known for great experience.

But contrary to that I had great experience with both HR and Engineers.

Interview was conducted for Gaming service team. 2 online rounds where I was asked 1) Linkedlist 2)BST and 3)Distributed top K questions
    After that I was invited to Bangalore. First round was DS and Algo. Second interview conducted by Tech Director of Farmville 2 and he asked only one question of converting Roman Number to Decimal. Third round with Country Manager with usual questions.

Lunch was there(heard good things about their lunch) with Fish, Chicken, WaterMelon, Papayya, Paneer, Chapati, Rassam etc

Finally they offered me good compensation.

ZYNGA is sinking ship but holds i) Cash of > $1 Billion and ii)Confidence of making big in Mobile mkt. They have one game "Dawns of Titans" waiting to be launched in 2016. I wish it changes the Fortune of Zynga(because Zynga known to reward employees with open hands).

I had great experience with both Engineers and HR. But I felt very bad when I declined their offer as I was uncomfortable to shift to Banaglore

Interview Questions

• convert roman number to decimal...Half of ans given by interviewer himself :)   Answer Question

Only because I was not comfortable to move from Pune to Bangalore. Otherwise they were offering great compensation(felt like they are pay master, but you need to negotiate hard)

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interviewed twice over a week's time. Interview went well. Questions were based on Data structures and Algorithms. Questions were moderate. I was called at the Bangalore office by the staffing manager and then was interviewed by the architect and director. Did get a response for 4 days and then when I inquired they said they did not have any vacant position.

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Good, two rounds of interview, current role in project very specific about individual role played. Each interview consisting questions related to advantages and disadvantages of various components example thread vs process, Nginx Vs Apache. And a coding Interview went for about 1.5 hours in both cases

Interview Questions

• Sync a huge file between nodes - design constrains - code.
      Find mirror image path of a given node in binary tree - code.
      Many Server architecture comparisons.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Whatever projects/technologies/languages you describe on your resume , you should posses deep understanding of the same. If you don't know something , tell him you don't know that and you should ask something else , round 2 interviewer would **** you up , if you start making some blunders

Interview Questions

• For Round 1: Questions from your resume about the projects with Class diagram or pseudo code or some design on White-Board . A design Question was asked at the end (should have should sound knowledge of every algorithm/data-structures )

For Round 2 : The recruiter was quite stubborn , initially started asking questions from the resume and a design question (design a Download Manager , challenges and Algo/DS used there.
      1 Answer