Zynga Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Zynga Interview Questions in Canada

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Still in the review process, so cannot answer the offer section.

Applied through my university's COOP/intern program.

45 minute interview, part technical, part standard. The interviewer was an actual programmer with experience, so the technical part was great since he could actually understand the different solutions and thought processes behind each question, as well as understand several different languages. (Python, Java, C)

The technical portion consisted of 3 questions, after which some fairly standard questions were asked (ie the "Describe yourself" question, "What's your goal", etc.), and then for the last 5 minutes I got a chance to ask several questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can't remember, but it was a simple sanity question (ie do something simple to see if you can actually write a program)
      2. Given a string containing brackets (ie "(( hi ) )", write a function that can determine if it's closed or not. What if the function took into account any pair of opening/closing characters?
      3. Given 2 int arrays (unsorted, duplicates can exist), create a function that returns the unique (no overlap) ints from both arrays.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zynga (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone round with live coding with an engineer. Easy questions.
    This was followed by a day long onsite interview in their Toronto office. Mostly problem solving and algorithms. One software design question. Engineers aren't trying to trick you and are very helpful when you need hints. Lunch is provided.

Declined the offer because I got another one I was more interested in.

Pay and benefits are good and can be negotiated.

Interview Questions

• Motivation to apply to Zynga.
      As for the technical questions, you need to prepare data structures and algorithms and databases. REST architectures etc.   Answer Question

APM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

2 Phone Screens, 1 project, 4 in person interview. Recruiter was very slow at replying to emails and wasn't helpful or friendly. Interviewer was nice but seemed distracted on the phone. Had to follow up with the recruiter multiple times to find out i was rejected

Interview Questions

• WHy is being data driven important, how would you chose metrics   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Very normal interview, standard questions about previous experience, thoughts on the company, and what revenant skills i have for that fit this to the role. Interviewer was very friendly and explained the role very well.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Very typical interview starting off with introducing yourself and then proceeding with a couple general QA questions like how would you test this app. As long as you demonstrate a passion for games and provide a reasonable thought process to testing, you should be good.

Interview Questions

• How would you test this game? (They showed one of their mobile games)   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Smooth interview process, went in for a 30 minute interview. Interviewer and I talked about skills and short, long term goals. Why did I want the position, why I think I was qualified, what put me above the other people that they were interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Given an an android app and asked to go through the process of making sure everything worked   Answer Question

QA Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Casual interview with behavioral questions and how you would handle certain situations.
    Interviewer seemed very inclined to give the job and sure enough I received an offer. The role requires little to no experience and involved manual testing only.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Had a call first with HR representative. Call was pretty straightforward just screening to make sure I can work in the specified locations, my background and expected salary range. Then had an interview with several managers and a director. Each was 45 min in length asking different questions about my background, skills and relating to prod. management.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zynga (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with PM (lastong 30 mins): Basic questions about prior work history and why the application

Day long interview: 4hr interview with PM's and GM: Mostly to assess knowledge about PM practices, verbal cases on game metrics, cultural fit assessment

Interview Questions

• Game metrics
      Prior experience   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga in September 2014.

Interview

It started with phone interview with HR. After phone screening, I was scheduled another technical phone interview with technical manager. 1 week later I received email from system said I am not selected