Zynga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zynga Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Prescreen call from Recruiter in San Francisco HQ
    1 on 1 interview with Hiring Manager in Toronto office + tour of office
    Panel interviews - 6 interviews (30 mins each) in San Francisco HQ in one day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga in October 2016.

Interview

Phone conversation with recruiter, first round phone interview (technical), final round behavioral and technical phone interviews. My recruiter was super helpful, and all my interviewers were very genuine and real people. Based off them, the company culture sounded great and Zynga sounded like very caring company. Got my offer 2 weeks later, will probably accept the offer.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1 phone call
    1 Interview with a Senior Product Manager.
    Mostly product use cases. questions on Zynga products but also other products such as UBER.
    Very interesting session to be honest.. super nice people..

Interview Questions

• What key matrices would you measure on a product you like   Answer Question

Senior Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got an email request for a phone interview fairly quickly. The phone interview was about 30 minutes, in which the recruiter gave me a great description of what the job was like, and what the people are like in that department. This was followed up with a call with the hiring manager, in which she gave further details about the role, and she asked me a few general questions. About a week later, I was asked to come in for an interview. (the recruiter let me know that it would be that long, because the hiring manager was out) I went in and met with 6 different people at half an hour a meeting. The all were very friendly, and told me all about the department, and what their contribution was. They also gave me a little gift bag! The people there seemed like a family, and they really make the interview process a comfortable, even fun situation. Great job Zynga HR!! I have been interviewing at a lot of entertainment companies, and you were by far the best! They followed up with a really nice phone call, even though I didn't get an offer. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any special events you have planned.
      How did you help maintain the culture at your last position?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

They sent me a test to do. They said it was only going to be a total of 2 hours. The test itself says 6.5 hours and it really does take that long. After I did this, which was soon after the phone interview. They never got back to me. I emailed the week after, and 2 weeks after just to know they decided to go with other candidates. I asked if I could get some feedback to how I did on the test, they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me of my skills and how they match to the job opening.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Once you applied with resume they decide if they want to send you a case to do. Once you do the case, if they like you they will set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they invite you to the office where you present the case you did earlier in the interview process as well as do 4 interviews

Interview Questions

• What games do you play?
      How many apartments are available for rent in San Francisco?
      What metrics would you have on a dashboard for a specific game?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process at Zynga was challenging but really enjoyable. I had interviews with about 6 different people and they ranged from behavioral to case-based interview styles with people in the department I was applying in as well as the HR department. It was really friendly environment with smart, engaged people.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zynga in April 2016.

Interview

The entire process took place in 4 rounds, starting with a 30 minute screening phone interview with HR recruiting staff. Then after passing the phone screening, there were 3 rounds of 90 minute phone interviews with 3 different product managers, 30 mins each for each round that was with separate product management teams.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue does an average Starbucks store make a year?   1 Answer
    • How would you improve our app? How would you address competition?   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening by HR recruiter out of state. No front office reception or coordination when arriving at the studio because HR was remote. Had to interrupt one of the employees working at their desks by the front door to let them know why I was here.
    Around 2-3 hour interview. Two one-on-one interviews with other employees, then a 3 person panel interview with the department head, supervisor and producer. The first two 1-1 interviews were somewhere of between a meet-and-greet, interview, and "we're not sure what were supposed to be doing here".
     Head of the department sat in for about 10-15 minutes, looked at my website with me, and left me with the other two early. Was not shown around the office, I asked my employee friend who referred me to do so. Felt pretty disorganized.
    Employee that referred me could not be in the interview. Other employees who were referring others could not be part of the interview. I felt like it would have been important for them and me to know a bit about each other. There was no secondary interview from what I heard.
    No follow up from HR/recruiter letting me know the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a challenging obstacle at work that you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Interview

3 rounds by phone: 1) Screening by HR / University Recruiter. 30 mins. Questions about experience, interest, and cultural fit. 2) Senior Product Manager. 1 hour. Questions about skills, interest in gaming, knowledge of games, and quantitative ability, including case question involving game metrics and design. 3) 3 part interview, 30 mins. each, with 3 different product managers. Focusing on game design, game co. cultural fit, and quantitative analysis. Need to know about company, its games, its competitors, basic game metrics and design, and how to talk to a granular detail about at least 1 game. Be prepared to describe how you would improve a game that could from their company or their competitor. And then a Googley question.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite game? Why?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve our game? And why? And how would you measure success of that improvement?   Answer Question
    • What did you like about our competitor's game? And why?   Answer Question