Zynga Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zynga Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First there's an initial HR Phone and then couple of weeks later the HR arrange a phone Interview with a PM from their product teams. Several weeks later they scheduled a on-site interview with 4 PMs asking analytics, design, and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite gaming app? How do you monitor XYZ   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zynga

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1 phone call
    1 Interview with a Senior Product Manager.
    Mostly product use cases. questions on Zynga products but also other products such as UBER.
    Very interesting session to be honest.. super nice people..

Interview Questions

• What key matrices would you measure on a product you like   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Fast interview process. Nice people. From the time the recruiter called to the time I was interviewing in person was 2 weeks. They are very sure about what they know so do not challenge their thoughts or comments even if they are wrong. This might be true for any interview but especially here. I don't think they like disagreements or differing views. You must always support your views with "proof" which makes it difficult working outside of data and stats and really getting creative and out of the box.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The only thing you have to remember is that they really want you to be playing their games before you go there. You MUST be a big fan of their games. They will ask you about your levels, collections, etc.   Answer Question

Work/life balance was poor. Looked like everyone was always stressed out. People looked paranoid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had two rounds of interview over the phone. The first one was with HR person which asked just regular question. Second one was with a director which asked narrow and specific questions about my background and asked me a few practical questions and real situations and was testing me.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Multiple rounds including case interviews

Interview Questions

• Why is xyz feature priced appropriately? How would you price it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Job interview process is driven by the recuiters or via in house referrals. Referrals clearly get a higher priority. Usually, there are two rounds of phone screens followed by one day of on-site interview. On-site interview involves a day of technical interview with ~5 individuals. You will be tested on your analytical ability, creativity, problem solving skills, leadership, project management skills.

Interview Questions

• FB Channel knowledge
      Mobile growth channels
      Monetization deconstruct of free to play games
      Game design understanding/questions
      Internet space experimentation techniques
      Data investigation driven case study
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It helps to be metrics driven and specific with your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through a business school career site posting. Recruiter contacted me and we were able to set up a call. I happened to be in SF the week of the call, so when that went well Zynga very quickly scheduled me to come and interview at HQ two days later. The company got back to me two weeks later to say no.

The interview questions were largely geared toward consulting case questions, which is symptomatic of why Zynga is where it is.

Interview Questions

• (Interviewer draws a graph on the white board) imagine this is your daily active users. What could be responsible for these changes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Found out about the job through on-campus recruiting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still in the process of negotiating.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga in October 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interviews went well, very professional. In person interviews were a total mixed bag. I was left by myself for long periods of time (30 minutes sometimes). Worst experience was when one of the video interviewers decided to sit at the back of his conference room and munch on a bag of Doritos, crinkly noises and all. Not even sure why there was a video interview portion.

Interview Questions

• Questions exceedingly specific to their field. Not really surprising, but making it a little more general wouldn't have hurt.   Answer Question