Zynga Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Zynga Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Since I had a friend inside, they fast-tracked my application and I got a brief skype interview with a recruiter. A week after I got a on-site interview (had to wait since I was out of the country). I interviewed with a lot of the leads, but unfortunately a couple couldn't make it, so I had to come in again for a 2nd round of interviews. A week after I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were a bit of technical questions, including bit manipulation, string manipulation, and class design. The best resource IMHO is Programming Interviews Exposed.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in late Apr 2012. Initial contact made by email, then had a brief phone interview with the on-site recruiter, then an in-person interview with three team members (the VP, the Director of Engineering and the aforementioned on-site recruiter). Followed up with thank you emails and calls, job offer came in mid to late May. Was offered position as a "temp" or contract worker with a "promise" for FTE status in the future. Started job first week of June, 2012.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Followed up with thank you emails and calls, job offer came in mid to late May. Was offered position as a "temp" or contract worker with a "promise" for FTE status in the future. Started job first week of June 2012. Converted to FTE in Sept 2012.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Standard stuff. prelim screening, then on-site - 4-5 1hr interviews.

You gotta be good at interviews. Wrote a hashtable implementation on the board (can you code).

Solved a few distributed systems problems - bank of webservers, tiers of caching, dealing with connection fan-in, etc (do you understand systems and networks, not just FOR loops).

Few other questions - interviewers were pretty good at it. I learned a few things to use in my own interviews.

Interview Questions

• Huge bank of servers is pounding data layer with connections. What do we do?   1 Answer
    • Implement a Hashtable. Chaining / Linear-probing, hash stuff. etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. They hooked me up - serious efforts were taken to double my stock grant when I didn't even know what was on the line. Negotiate with what? No one else would pay me that much.