Zynga Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zynga Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Zynga

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was difficult. I applied on campus, after which I got an on-campus interview. The interview was simple overall; they didn't ask any technical questions, but asked me about my experiences and went over my resume. This was followed by a phone interview, which was completely technical. The interview was in 3 rounds, followed one after another, with different interviewers. All questions were technical, followed by discussion about my projects and things on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use to design a scrabble game?   2 Answers
  • Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Zynga

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Elaborate interview process. They asked me about different question from the same Crack the Coding interview book. Which almost every interviewer uses.

Not very innovative questions, but companies are looking for clarity of thought rather than skills these days.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question. Engineers impressed with a variety of skills.   1 Answer

Other goals.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Met a representative from Zynga at an infosession and gave my resume. Zynga scheduled an interview with me a few weeks after. Had one 30-minute interview. Spent the first half going over resume, and the second half was a couple of technical questions (one definition one and one coding one).

Interview Questions

• As long as you know your data structures well (especially linked lists), you should be fine for the technical questions. Nothing excessively complicated was asked -- as long as you have the basics down, you should be fine. Interviewer provided helpful hints if stuck.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and on site full day of interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

got a interview on campus. Two interviewers: one HR, one technical person. At first the HR
    asked some general behavioral questions about the resume. Then there is one technical question asked by the technical guy.

Interview Questions

• Asked the basic coding thing about one question in different languages.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

4 interviews each related to different parts of their technology stack

Interview Questions

• How do you open a website without a browser?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Got an e-mail from recruiter. Told me three guys are going to interview me back to back on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Pseudo Number Generator for a card game   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I contacted the in-house recruiter, who a week later was laid off. A few days later, they reached out, scheduled the on-site, found a team suitable for my skills, I interviewed a few more people at Zynga.

Interview Questions

• Data structures were key, as was the ability to mind meld with how the computer will execute specific pieces of code. "What is the memory necessary for this iterative block of code?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

I accepted a significant equity position in exchange for a more normal cost-of-living area adjustment from a lower-cost area of the country.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. They had a big interview day on a Friday where a lot of candidates came. We were scheduled with 4-6 interviewers who asked a range of questions from my background to many technical questions. Most of the technical questions are pretty standard and you can find them on the internet. Interviewers were very nice and honest about their work environment, Zynga as a company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Design some header functions for a class Deck that contains playing cards.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

This interview was supposed to be a screening interview. I talked to the HR but I didn't prepare very well. She asked me some questions related to the company, like their games and how much I know about them. I was given time to ask her some question, but I asked something too specific to the role that she cannot answer as an HR.

Interview Questions

• Do you play our game? What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • The advantages of using C++ and compare languages.   1 Answer