Zywave Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zywave Account Executive Interview Questions

3.4

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zywave (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through a partner site, was contacted within 2-3 business days for a preliminary phone interview with an internal recruiter. The call was about a half hour, very relaxed pace and generally a nice conversation that was not an interrogation-style interview like some have experienced. It went very smooth, and I was told that it sounds like I would be a "perfect" fit. Next steps included a couple of sales/personality profile tests, followed up by another phone interview with the VP of sales and then finally an in-person interview with the regional sales manager, who I would be reporting to. I was led to believe these were definite events to occur and I should expect to hear from them about the timing after I completed the assessment tests. Well, that was the last I heard from them. I had a few questions that popped up after the interview and asked via email. Never heard back. Two days later, I called and left a voicemail, followed up with an email. Again, nothing. Two more business days, another call/email, and nothing. About 3 days later (at this point 8 business days), I received the "Thank you for your time" email. I followed up with two more emails requesting feedback and just any thoughts on why this whole course of events went basically in the opposite direction than what I was told, and just, nothing. Terrible, unprofessional experience and was basically led on and lied to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zywave

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zywave in January 2014.

Interview

There are five stages in the hiring process:

1) Basic Application Form
    2) IQ/Personality/Situational Exam
    3) Phone Screen with Recruiter
    4) 30 Minute Full Interview with Recruiter
    5) 1-1 ½ Hour Interview with Department Manager (department in which you are applying for)

If they do not like your basic application form you will not have a shot at the exam. If you don’t do so well with the 30 minute interview, then you don’t get the manager interview. You get the roll.

The exam does seem unnecessary. It makes an individual feel like they are taking an ACT or SAT.
    Interviews are conversational with very few generic/typical questions in between.

The bad thing about this process is the company doesn’t want to lose anything but they don’t mind if you do. What I mean by this is: they will hold on to you and lead you into thinking you will get hired and they will but only if they don’t come across a new applicant that may fit “Zywave” needs better. When this other candidate gets in the way then you lose all the time spent in between because they will not hire you. Many employees have spent up to two months before landing their position at this company.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zywave.

Interview

A bit long and some not so fun testing.
    Recruiting screening which is pretty basic get to know you stuff. If you show you got some skill and background you'll do another phone with the regional manager. Before that they make you take this logic and reasoning test. It's pretty hard and apparently less than 5% pass it. As far as the RM talk... Again, I thought this wasn't that difficult as long as you can talk solution selling. After this comes the fun part... you have to take that standardize test again but this time on webcam before you fly out for the final interview.
    The final interview can vary from 1 to 4 of the "higher level" folks. Mine was just one and it was talking about your past and answering tell me a time questions. If they feel you're a good fit they will try and sell you hard on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zywave.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter and had to take a two hour sales assessment. After that I heard nothing back

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I found the process to be very impersonable. Initial process appears to be form letters from recruiter. HR contacted me after they received my resume. I knew within first couple of email interactions after they contacted me that I wouldn't want to work for a culture that operated in that manner. Most of the online reviews help solidify this opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zywave (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Great continuous contact from recruiter, one email a week every Tuesday like clockwork.. I was not "left hanging," as with many other places to which I have applied. On their website, the company makes it very clear, what they want to see in candidates and who they want their candidates to be. There is zero guessing game when you're dealing with them (a great attribute in my opinion).

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zywave (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

Met at a career fair. Spoke about the position, had a phone interview a few weeks later. About a 30-45 minute call with an HR girl, who was very nice and pleasant to speak with. I can't remember exactly when it was in the process, but I also had to go in and take a personality quiz. I believe it took about an hour to 1.5 hours. Then I had an in-person meeting with the head of Inside Sales, who I would be working underneath. This was about a 2 to 2.5 hour interview and very intense. One of the most intense interviews I have ever been in. After this, I had a phone call with an executive for the company, who had me pitch a product from an old job for about 20 minutes where he played the customer. Then I was offered the job a week after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell over the phone to a territory where face to face isn't a viable mode? Aka a South Carolina prospect while I was based in Milwaukee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was pretty firm, we did not discuss changing it at all. They use a boilerplate agreement (or at least, they did in 2012/2013), and that was that. You get paid on multiple different ways of commission there, and they aren't up for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zywave (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2011.

Interview

Recruiter seemed very interested. Took the IQ test, (which took 2.5 hours at home that was unpaid). Got an email from the recruiter - advised they found a candidate with a stronger backround. I emailed back to ask what I could do differently, or any addtional information.... never got response.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zywave (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

applied online, was contacted a few days later by recruiter, completed online assessment, that was followed by a skype interview with recruiter, after which I was told no thanks. The assessment portion of the skype call was essentially the same as the prior round, so I can only assume the recruiter felt I wasn't a match for what appears to be a dialling for dollars operation. Also I'm not sure she liked my asking about high turnover (she claimed the rate is in fact low)

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zywave in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty tough IQ test plus personality test. The interview was pretty hard.. I let myself get thrown off by some of the questions. Mostly my fault, but it also just seemed like they already had their candidate picked. Seems like a great company to work for.