Academic Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academic Advisor Interview Questions

When interviewing to be an academic advisor, employers are looking for a candidate with some background experience in advising to back up their qualifications. An extensive knowledge about college programs, requirements, and transferring must be a part of an academic advisor's repertoire Expect questions about your advising style and be prepared to provide an example of how you could implement your knowledge to help a student realistically reach their dream school.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What does diversity and inclusive excellence mean to you?

1 Answer

I was asked this question twice: "What would your ideal workplace look like?" I think they're looking for what kind of culture you expect.

1 Answer

What kind of advising model do you use?

1 Answer

How do you define success and how do you expect to execute that in this position, if given the opportunity?

1 Answer

my religion and do I pray

1 Answer

Why I wanted to work for their company.

Are you competitive?

1 Answer

What do you know about Georgia State University?

1 Answer

Tell us about your role on a team. . .

1 Answer

What does customer service mean to you? What do you bring to a team? What is your greatest accomplishment this year? Why do you want to work for UMUC? Why do you want to be an Academic Adviser? Can you handle being micromanaged? Can you tell us a time something you did had a bad affect? Do you know the role you are applying for? Are you willing to work Saturdays, and days that you were intended to have off? Tell us a time you felt that you accomplished something at work?

1120 of 190 Interview Questions