Account executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for account executive

Account executive Interview Questions

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A potential, very potentially profitable, client calls you up, saying they're interested in your product. They need to speak to your CEO ASAP. If this isn't possible, you know for a fact this deal is off the table. The CEO is in an important meeting, but in an absolute emergency, is available. What do you do? (NOTE: I danced around giving a firm answer as best as I could, but the interviewers forced me to give an answer...my advice is, regardless of what your answer to tough questions may be if interviewing w/ Epic, just give one. You'll be forced to one anyways, delaying it makes you look weak and indecisive.)

2 Answers

I said I'd interrupt the CEO's meeting. I also didn't get an offer. Read into that what you will.

Key word here... potential. Not until this is a solid client, with a lot known...would I ever interrupt my CEO. Btw.... I find the line ‘you know this deal is off the table’ bologna with a ‘potential’

What is the most important part of the sales cycle to you? Qualification, Presentation, Negotiation or Close?

2 Answers

If you were handed 50 new target accounts how would you start?

1 Answer

typical selling strategy questions

5 Answers

Questioned why I never confronted a past employers unethical behavior, and why I never possessed the ability to see a past lay-off coming my way.

5 Answers

That Link to the test: Johny has a blue apple and gave it to Jenny who traded that blue apple for the banana that Tom gave her earlier what did Jenny trade Tom to get that banana

5 Answers

The second interviewer flat out asked me, "You mentioned you recently graduated, so why haven't you been able to get a job up until now?" (A weird and rude question at the same time.)

4 Answers

The most interesting question I was asked that I NEVER saw coming was "why do you feel people go on glass door and write review?" LOL. Now here I am

3 Answers

Are you a positive person?

3 Answers

would you sign up a CPA?

110 of 14,570 Interview Questions