Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Account Executive Interview Questions

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A potential, very potentially profitable, client calls you up, saying they're interested in your product. They need to speak to your CEO ASAP. If this isn't possible, you know for a fact this deal is off the table. The CEO is in an important meeting, but in an absolute emergency, is available. What do you do? (NOTE: I danced around giving a firm answer as best as I could, but the interviewers forced me to give an answer...my advice is, regardless of what your answer to tough questions may be if interviewing w/ Epic, just give one. You'll be forced to one anyways, delaying it makes you look weak and indecisive.)

1 Answer

I said I'd interrupt the CEO's meeting. I also didn't get an offer. Read into that what you will.

If you were handed 50 new target accounts how would you start?

1 Answer

What is the most important part of the sales cycle to you? Qualification, Presentation, Negotiation or Close?

typical selling strategy questions

5 Answers

would you sign up a CPA?

3 Answers

Do you have your written 60 day outline?

3 Answers

How would you improve your presentation if asked to do it again?

2 Answers

Why do you want to work here?

What is 40% of 200?

2 Answers

Really, there were no surprises. As I said above, the expectations were set very clearly from the in-house recruiter. They have a very specific type of person they're looking for, and all the hard work preparing for the interviews and presentation pay off!

110 of 9,584 Interview Questions