Accounting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accounting Associate Interview Questions

Accounting associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions regarding 97-2 specifically amortization of software maintenance cost.

1 Answer

Software companies will generally recognize 70-80% of revenue up front and straight line the remainder over the life of the included software maintenance (perpetual licenses) or straight line the entire maintenance contract (if renewing) over the course of the contract

It was not any question relating to job performance, just the continued questioning about my ability to handle stress.

1 Answer

They asked me why I had know sense of urgency. I was told by many other members of management to slow down. That was the only negative remark I got just before my six month review. I felt like they wanted a reason not to approve a raise.

Why accounting?

1 Answer

I just get divorce, how long does it take to process the paperwork? ( I used to work for a family attorney)

1 Answer

How do you calculate NAV?

1 Answer

Provide me with a time you had to complete a task, by a strict deadline, but had multiple interruptions. What did you do to complete the task and how did you handle the interruptions?

1 Answer

No off the wall questions... Though I had to take a timed IQ test when I arrived (this has since been tossed out -- I'm sure someone found it offensive). I remember that they asked about how I deal with negativity or pessimism in the work place. (**RED FLAG!??**)

1 Answer

Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Why am I leaving my current employer

1 Answer

I have completed 75% of the tasks for the position in which I applied. The most unexpected question was repetitive inquiry as to the state of my college degree. I have worked in a related field for 4 years, the job information indicated "or equivalent work experience" which I had.

110 of 284 Interview Questions