Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for accounting

Accounting Interview Questions

Accounting Interview Questions

Accounting is the backbone of the financial market, so be prepared to answer questions about your technical experience and detail-oriented work ethic. Employers may ask you to answer an analytical accounting question, tell a story that highlights your Excel skills, or solve a math brain teaser. As you move up in accounting, be aware that employers often expect more advanced degrees, which may include a Masters or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you deal with screaming customers or stressful environments?

7 Answers

Be calm, stay empathetic, do not be defensive.

Hello I would like to know what would be the starting rate out there in Jacksonville, FL for a CSR?

I show this person that we are in the same moods i console him and after cooling him down i divert he or her minds to my business

How would you respond to a customer that is complaining they have a hole in a product they just purchased?

6 Answers

What types of computer skills do you possess?

5 Answers

How many invoices did you process in your last accounts payable position?

3 Answers

What do you consider exceptional customer service?

3 Answers

Describe a sales situation where price seemed to be the primary driver and how you overcame the focus on cost and made it more about 'value.'

2 Answers

What types of accounting actions have you performed in the past?

2 Answers

How would you determine credit worthiness of a company?

2 Answers

If I was David's pizza and I wanted to cancel my subscription because it was costing me to much. What would you do ? Goal is to retain the account.

2 Answers

A potential, very potentially profitable, client calls you up, saying they're interested in your product. They need to speak to your CEO ASAP. If this isn't possible, you know for a fact this deal is off the table. The CEO is in an important meeting, but in an absolute emergency, is available. What do you do? (NOTE: I danced around giving a firm answer as best as I could, but the interviewers forced me to give an answer...my advice is, regardless of what your answer to tough questions may be if interviewing w/ Epic, just give one. You'll be forced to one anyways, delaying it makes you look weak and indecisive.)

110 of 68,567 Interview Questions