Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Accounting Interview Questions

Accounting Interview Questions

Accounting is the backbone of the financial market, so be prepared to answer questions about your technical experience and detail-oriented work ethic. Employers may ask you to answer an analytical accounting question, tell a story that highlights your Excel skills, or solve a math brain teaser. As you move up in accounting, be aware that employers often expect more advanced degrees, which may include a Masters or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you deal with screaming customers or stressful environments?

7 Answers

Be calm, stay empathetic, do not be defensive.

Hello I would like to know what would be the starting rate out there in Jacksonville, FL for a CSR?

I show this person that we are in the same moods i console him and after cooling him down i divert he or her minds to my business

What types of computer skills do you possess?

5 Answers

How would you respond to a customer that is complaining they have a hole in a product they just purchased?

4 Answers

How many invoices did you process in your last accounts payable position?

3 Answers

What do you consider exceptional customer service?

3 Answers

Describe a sales situation where price seemed to be the primary driver and how you overcame the focus on cost and made it more about 'value.'

2 Answers

What types of accounting actions have you performed in the past?

2 Answers

How would you determine credit worthiness of a company?

2 Answers

If I was David's pizza and I wanted to cancel my subscription because it was costing me to much. What would you do ? Goal is to retain the account.

2 Answers

A potential, very potentially profitable, client calls you up, saying they're interested in your product. They need to speak to your CEO ASAP. If this isn't possible, you know for a fact this deal is off the table. The CEO is in an important meeting, but in an absolute emergency, is available. What do you do? (NOTE: I danced around giving a firm answer as best as I could, but the interviewers forced me to give an answer...my advice is, regardless of what your answer to tough questions may be if interviewing w/ Epic, just give one. You'll be forced to one anyways, delaying it makes you look weak and indecisive.)

110 of 62,868 Interview Questions