Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accounting Interview Questions

Accounting is the backbone of the financial market, so be prepared to answer questions about your technical experience and detail-oriented work ethic. Employers may ask you to answer an analytical accounting question, tell a story that highlights your Excel skills, or solve a math brain teaser. As you move up in accounting, be aware that employers often expect more advanced degrees, which may include a Masters or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification.

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

what do you bring to the table what skills do you have

8 Answers

I am detailed oriented, a team player good communication and verbal skills, also a multi tasker

I am a valued team player with organizational skills that manages time appropriately.

To whom it may concern: First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review my resume and also give you some background info on myself. I feel I would make proper fit in the position of administrative assistant based on my experience and abilities. Although I am not experienced in QuickBooks, I do know Sage 50 & I feel I can rise to the challenge of learning any program or software required in a minimal amount of time, given the opportunity. As noted on my resume, my competencies and capabilities are strongly in line with those required for the position. For instance, working at Excel security as the service coordinator for the installation dept, I gained knowledge and insights into providing excellent customer service by anticipating client needs. I also became proficient in accounting via Sage/Peachtree to better invoice clients who did not have service contracts with us. I kept a strict record of techinician scheduling, ordering of materials needed for all projects, tracking of the shipments and redirecting those to the appropriate job site for completion. I'm looking forward to further discussing the position and my qualifications with you in more detail soon. I feel confident that I can fulfill the requirements needed for the office assistant position. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How many invoices did you process in your last accounts payable position?

3 Answers

What types of accounting actions have you performed in the past?

2 Answers

What's the accounting equation? It wasn't difficult but it was unexpected and resulted in me having to ponder for several seconds to recall the information to mind

2 Answers

Only one off the wall question: "What is your favorite FASB pronouncement and why?" I wasn't prepared for this one, but it didn't seem to have a negative impact on my interview.

1 Answer

Why did you decide to go into accounting?

1 Answer

What do you know about accounts receivables?

1 Answer

What skills do you possess that you feel qualify you for this position? (Regards to accounting position.)

1 Answer

What is the effect of $10 of depreciation on the three accounting statements?

1 Answer

Could you walk me through the cash flows statement? What are some items that would be found under each heading?

110 of 3,197 Interview Questions