Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Accounting Interview Questions

Accounting is the backbone of the financial market, so be prepared to answer questions about your technical experience and detail-oriented work ethic. Employers may ask you to answer an analytical accounting question, tell a story that highlights your Excel skills, or solve a math brain teaser. As you move up in accounting, be aware that employers often expect more advanced degrees, which may include a Masters or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification.

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many invoices did you process in your last accounts payable position?

3 Answers

It has been many years since I have worked as an A/P clerk and I can not give an accurate estimate except to say that I was the only A/P clerk working for a mid-size manufacturing company.

I have worked AP at several places. My answer to this question would have been "more payables to enter than was humanly possible to handle." I used to have anxiety attacks on my way to that job. Finally quit.

I have had a lot of experience with accounts payable especially with the casino industry. In one month I've done between 1,500 to 2,000 invoices.

Could you walk me through the cash flows statement? What are some items that would be found under each heading?

1 Answer

What accounting softwares do you know? Are you familiar with Mas90? If not, do you think you can learn quickly and be able to come up to speed with our current projects?

1 Answer

You buy machinary for $10,000. It has a useful life of 5yrs and $5,000 salvage value. What is your depreciation expense

2 Answers

You sell a product for $1,000 in october. You recieve $500 in october and $500 in november. How do you recognize the sale?

3 Answers

What is 1/64 as a decimal?

2 Answers

An airline company is replacing their entire fleet of planes. The old planes have zero salvage value and there is no depreciation to deal with. Explain the effect on the the company's financial statements.

2 Answers

What databases have you worked with

what is accounting??

1 Answer

What can you do for our company?

110 of 91 Interview Questions