Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accounting Interview Questions

Accounting is the backbone of the financial market, so be prepared to answer questions about your technical experience and detail-oriented work ethic. Employers may ask you to answer an analytical accounting question, tell a story that highlights your Excel skills, or solve a math brain teaser. As you move up in accounting, be aware that employers often expect more advanced degrees, which may include a Masters or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification.

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many invoices did you process in your last accounts payable position?

3 Answers

It has been many years since I have worked as an A/P clerk and I can not give an accurate estimate except to say that I was the only A/P clerk working for a mid-size manufacturing company.

I have worked AP at several places. My answer to this question would have been "more payables to enter than was humanly possible to handle." I used to have anxiety attacks on my way to that job. Finally quit.

I have had a lot of experience with accounts payable especially with the casino industry. In one month I've done between 1,500 to 2,000 invoices.

Could you walk me through the cash flows statement? What are some items that would be found under each heading?

1 Answer

What accounting softwares do you know? Are you familiar with Mas90? If not, do you think you can learn quickly and be able to come up to speed with our current projects?

1 Answer

You sell a product for $1,000 in october. You recieve $500 in october and $500 in november. How do you recognize the sale?

3 Answers

You buy machinary for $10,000. It has a useful life of 5yrs and $5,000 salvage value. What is your depreciation expense

2 Answers

What is 1/64 as a decimal?

2 Answers

Why am I interested in the international development field?

1 Answer

Would you be willing to put more for less

1 Answer

Why do I want to leave my current position. I must sound positive, but it's hard when you don't care for your boss.

1 Answer

Questions unrelated and not required knowledge for the position.

110 of 92 Interview Questions