accountingdepartment.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

accountingdepartment.com Interview Questions

Interviews at accountingdepartment.com

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at accountingdepartment.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com in September 2017.

Interview

There are multiple interviews and a 4 hour long test on practical usage of Quickbooks. First interview is with HR. They then offer people they feel would be a good match the opportunity to do the skills test. Once that is passed (and it's not easy so study up), there are interviews with the controllers.

Interview Questions

• When working from home, what do you do to get into the mindset of being at work?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com.

Interview

I received an email to set up the first call with HR. I believe I had a phone brief screening phone interview. They had two personality type tests. Then a video interview with HR. Then a second video interview with a Controller. At some point before the second interview - I think the tests were before the first video call - I had to take a bookkeeping test where you do things in Quickbooks. It was about a 4 hour process and was pretty thorough. You were entering JEs and payroll and depreciation and preparing reports, so it was somewhat beyond just basic bookkeeping that I did at most my other jobs.

Interview Questions

• This is not a back room accounting type position, but front facing because you are working with clients directly. Are you comfortable with that?   3 Answers
    • Questions regarding my knowledge of virtual accounting, Quickbooks online, or other online programs.   3 Answers

Full Charge Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com (Reno, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple. She explains that you are to be a W2 employee, that they require you to have a laptop and internet at home and that they offer benefits. I was very excited! They require you to do some bookkeeping, easy right?? That's what you do obviously if you are applying for the position. No. The instructions are not easy to follow and they are written in a very strange way. I have been a bookkeeper for 15 years, and am Quickbooks certified. I thought I did very well on the test only to find out I have completely failed almost every single portion of the test. I was really wondering if they were even reading MY test results!! It was really weird. The wages are not great so I didn't stress it too bad. She said $15-16/hr. I make a lot more than that now as a full charge bookkeeper but I liked the idea of working from home. Oh well. Good luck to you if you decide to apply!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with bookkeeping?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

There were 2 interviews, one with a trainer and one with a director. Then you had to take a payroll test to make sure you knew how to process payroll

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com (Remote, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial test of QuickBooks to see your skill level. If you pass the 4 hour test then you have multiple interviews, about 3, all remote via webcam and phone call. The actual process is pretty simple, it just takes a long time to complete all the steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences with QuickBooks and Accounting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com (Clarksville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

Had to talk with HR then onto another person. Then after that I needed to test on Quickbooks. You only have 4 hours to complete the test. Ince in there it froze. I waited for it to come back but eventually I had to call back in to reset. Took 45 minutes for them to reset but then they had me start where I left off. Its difficult to do so. Even tests fro the government if their test fails you get a complete retest. Ive been working on QB for over 3 yesrd and they said I failed. I really laughed and moved on. Next week took another QB test for a different company and scored 100% on a 3 hour test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own office at home? Experience with Quickbooks? Do you have internet and a printer to use?   1 Answer

Virtual Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com (Yuma, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Complete online application, interview by phone, testing. Make sure you have a desktop computer set up for online testing. Background and drug testing is required. interview by phone can take at least an hour so be prepared.

Interview Questions

accountingdepartment.com Response

Sep 8, 2018 – HR Manager

I'm not sure if you have the correct company - we don't have virtual agents and we do not require drug testing.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at accountingdepartment.com.

Interview

I sent in my resume, was scheduled for a phone interview, moved on to a video interview with recruiter, then a video interview with a controller, then took an accounting exam, then was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to this position and why do you think a remote position will work for you?   Answer Question