Activity Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Activity Director Interview Questions

"When hiring an activity director, an employer will look for applicants who are friendly, patient, and creative enough to plan daily activities for elderly and disabled clients that are intended to rehabilitate them, encourage socialization, and improve their skills through recreational activities. In an interview you can expect to be asked about your experience working with the elderly and disabled, and you may be given a scenario where you have to design activities that will help rehabilitate a physically disabled client."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would I deal with or resolve issues with caregivers (CNA's) who didn't want to let the activities be done? This was a tricky question as the CNA's are under the RN, not under the activity director.

1 Answer

Unfortunately, this happens from time to time. If a CNA is preventing an activity from occurring, it has to be reported to the R.N. In most facilities that take medicare/medicaid, activities programs are required by the state. So this would be considered insubordination and should be grounds for dismissal. In a work environment that has different departments, it is extremely important to understand it is much more beneficial to work with each other than against each other.

I cannot think of any that weren't "standard". No out of the box questions, or asking me what kind of a tree I would be if I were one.

2 Answers

Tell me about working at "XYZ" senior living corporation (s)

1 Answer

Q: Tell me something your not good at?

1 Answer

Q: How much pay are you expecting?

1 Answer

I asked "why so much employee turn over in this business.

1 Answer

How did you deal with difficult/ strong opinionated people in Marketing

1 Answer

Greatest accomplishment at different stages of your working career.

1 Answer

if you could change our activity program, what would u change?

110 of 35 Interview Questions