Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions

Actuarial assistant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Technical Questions: Included answering questions about how specific things in Excel work (such as what do pivot tables work, how to use VBA macros, etc). Similarly there were technical questions about my understanding of how Universal Life Insurance and Variable Life Annuities (their main products). Finally since I was interviewing for a role within in their more Modeling and Systems group, I was asked some specifics about my knowledge of SQL, JAVA, and C++. Behavior Questions: Can you provide context to why your GPA is what it is (I had a 3.0 while I believe most of their candidates tend to be in the 3.5 range)? Can you talk about a time when you have failed? Standard behavioral questions for the most part. Hardest Questions: Some of the technical questions were pretty difficult, but my intern experience allowed me to answer them. I think I would of been stuck if I did not have the intern experience, because it was things we weren't taught in school ( I am an actuarial science major). The one question I froze on was ironically: What makes Life Insurance profitable? I was confused whether they wanted a technical answer like explaining how to price life insurance or if they were looking for something else. The interview with the director of the group was probably the most interesting. He only asked one question and it was pretty blunt(and pretty creative if you ask me). He asked more or less "What makes you different from all the other Actuarial candidates we see and why should I give you a shot at this job?"

1 Answer

Allianz Life was an awesome company to interview with and they really have a fantastic culture. If I had children and a family I certainly would of accepted their offer. In general I would apply for other positions with this company in the future.

How did you hear actuary this profession?

1 Answer

What's been your biggest mistake in your career thus far?

1 Answer

no unexpected question. Suggestion: prepare question about Geico's market share, history, state and all content in your resume.

1 Answer

They describe a golf course that gives a certain prize to players when they hit a hole in one. They want you to figure out what the premium should be on an insurance policy on the prize.

1 Answer

The analytical test is no less than a two hour exam. Make sure you are prepared, awake, and equipped.

They ask if you had a magical box that could produce any information, what would you want to price a premium for a policy?

Describe your previous intern experience. Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

What model did you use for reserving during your internship?

Why do you want to enter the insurance field?

110 of 53 Interview Questions