Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Actuary Interview Questions

Actuary interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

My first question was "We've already seen your video, and that covers most of the interview questions. What questions do you have for us?"

1 Answer

What are 3 of your weaknesses?

1 Answer

"What motivates you?" "Why do you want to become an actuary?"

1 Answer

Can you estimate the number of 7/11 stores in Northern California?

1 Answer

The questions were more or less standard behavioral questions of the sort - tell me a time when there was a conflict and what did you do? Times you couldn't do something, etc.

1 Answer

How many cubic feet in a cubic yard? I was just so caught off guard by this as he just pulled it out in the middle of the interview when I was talking about my current job.

1 Answer

the most difficult part of the final round is the group case, because it is a human capital question that has little to do with actuarial knowledge. You are put into a team of 2 - 4 and the other candidates are non-actuarial human capital candidates. You are given an hour to work on the long question with an analyst that is supposed to keep you on track (but she was jotting down notes about us the whole time during our discussion). Then we present our powerpoint to 2 managers. They gruel you about your powerpoint afterwards, and if you are not familiar with human capital concepts, you will have a very hard time like I did.

1 Answer

More than just a question, just an open ended back and forth at lunch can make you self-conscious about your table manners and things that may get you off your "game" with respect to what you are accustomed to in your interviews. The normal behavioral questions. You are in charge of most of the direction of table conversation, and that can be intimidating for those that can over analyze their actions.

1 Answer

What is your biggest weakness?

Tell me how you think.