Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Actuary Interview Questions

1,191

Actuary interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Walk me through this project that you've done that you've listed on your resume.

2 Answers

Explain the Bornhuetter-Ferguson method.

3 Answers

what is your experience related to specialty insurance? what do you know about us? Tell me an example about your time management skills what are the important factors in a teamwork

1 Answer

What technical skills do you have?

Basic Excel functions, SQL

1 Answer

The questions were more or less standard behavioral questions of the sort - tell me a time when there was a conflict and what did you do? Times you couldn't do something, etc.

1 Answer

If you have 8 ball, all of equal weight except for 1 that is lighter, how can you figure out which one is the lightest? You can only do two weighings on a balance scale.

1 Answer

Name a time when you had to persuade someone to agree with you in order to complete a project.

1 Answer

the most difficult part of the final round is the group case, because it is a human capital question that has little to do with actuarial knowledge. You are put into a team of 2 - 4 and the other candidates are non-actuarial human capital candidates. You are given an hour to work on the long question with an analyst that is supposed to keep you on track (but she was jotting down notes about us the whole time during our discussion). Then we present our powerpoint to 2 managers. They gruel you about your powerpoint afterwards, and if you are not familiar with human capital concepts, you will have a very hard time like I did.

1 Answer

My first question was "We've already seen your video, and that covers most of the interview questions. What questions do you have for us?"

5160 of 1,191 Interview Questions