adMarketplace Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

adMarketplace Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Oct 20, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY).

Interview

From the time I submitted the application to first call was about a month. From first call to first round in-person interview was within a week. Met with VP of Operations and the CTO for my second round interview. I had a great experience meeting with everyone except the CTO. He was a total jerk and bad reflection of the company. Condescending, arrogant, and his expectations for the role was totally different from the job description and what everyone else I met with told me. He raised his voice at me and then "stormed" out during the interview. I quickly got the internal recruiter and withdrew my candidacy. The "SAT" like assessment is a bit much for a "qualitative" position.

Interview Questions

Would never work for a start-up type company that has entitled C-level management.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. It wasn't until after I sent an email asking about my application that the HR contacted me. They told me the position I applied for is for experience candidates only so they asked if I was interested in the Account Specialist position. I was and the hiring manager scheduled an interview. The person that was suppose to call didn't so I emailed the hiring manager asking what happened and that I wanted to reschedule. Everything worked out and I was able to have an interview the following week. Personally, I thought the phone interview went well and I was told that the hiring manager that I have been emailing will contact me for the next step. I waited a week and didn't hear back. I decided to email the hiring manager regarding the status and that I was thankful for the opportunity. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard back so I'm guessing I didn't make the cut.

Senior Director - Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Frantic phone calls and then meet in person in their office. Waited 30 minutes, them was rushed through interview for lack of a meeting space. The vibe was decent in the office but I felt as though the hiring manager was a bit guarded about the company. Hiding something.

Interview Questions

• How do you get to the decision maker?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Skills test, mostly web skills using interactive httpd-based tasks. Also 1-on-1s with Mgmt and a technical writing task, reviewing a piece of technology that I was given, and how I would go about implementing this tech in their infrastructure,

Senior Publisher Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a junior HR member of the adMarketplace team. I had a phone interview and was then brought in to interview with the president of the company. He seemed to like me and told me he wanted me to come in to speak with the CEO. I never heard back. I contacted the original HR person who advised me that the president wanted me to put together a business plan. This was already on top of putting together a list of my top 100 publisher contacts and the level of the people I know there. I put together the business plan (my Labor Day weekend) and sent it in. Again, no acknowledgement from HR. I asked if they had received it and I was told yes and that they thought it was great. I followed up over the next few weeks to see next steps and never heard back---ever---from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Who are your top publishers?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was really not asking me much over the phone, namely trying to sell and I could tell he didn't know what he was talking about. Half the time I wasn't listening, but I was out of a job and I needed to accept the interview in person. Once in person, it was fine, but I could tell everyone was unhappy who met me. It was forced. They offered me an opportunity to come back and pitch, but I wasn't really interested in working there, even in my dire situation...

Interview Questions

• Not a hard interview so I guess I'll do with "why did you end up leaving (current company)?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Definitely the most bizarre interview process I've ever experienced. First, it took around 4-5 weeks to set up an in person interview. Started very swiftly with a phone call and online IQ test that took around 2-3 hours. (waste of time) The next part of the interview process consisted of HR calling and leaving a message about a potential interview then would ignore emails about scheduling a phone call. I finally got through on the phone, then held for about 10 minutes then scheduled an interview. Arrived at the interview on time. Waited about 15 minutes for HR to retrieve me. They both greeted me with a frown and a look of "you are already wasting our time." The first interview, which consisted of two HR reps that had both been at the company less than 4 months with unpleasant. Both of them spoke to me as if I was below the company and ridiculed my background. They both then left for about 15 minutes and next two managers came in. Both shook my hand with a frown and acting very uptight. Initially they discussed my background and looked at it with disgusted looks on their faces. They asked me a logic problem question that wasn't explained properly explained that they later revised their wording. Next, they asked me a question about a more open logic problem which was much easier to comprehend. After those two left, I waited another 10-15 mins alone in the room. Then the HR rep came back and thankfully dismissed me. It was more of an interrogation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like client interaction at Admarketplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Completed a phone interview, and online assessment. Was brought in and met with two HR people and one Director. HR was friendly, laid-back and welcoming. The Director was aloof and didn't warm up to me at all. He asked some perfunctory questions... tell me about yourself.. why do you want to work here, etc. He let me ask some questions and then ended the interview abruptly. I got the sense that it was a bad fit immediately. Also- the "consulting" type questions are superfluous hamster-wheel exercises for a very rote position that seems like it would not require any type of creative or abstract thinking whatsoever. Please do not model your interview process after McKinsey- it is embarrassing for everyone involved.

Interview Questions

• How many cups of coffee are consumed in New York on a Monday morning?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I met the then Director of Sales after the HR person. I was subsequently interviewed by the President and the VP of Sales. Was asked to pitch the adMarketplace solution to a prospect company of my choice. I also pitched my previous employer's services to them.

Negotiation

Took 10 minutes. One offer, I countered. It was accepted.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at adMarketplace (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks. Started out with a telephone interview and then had a face to face with two hiring managers. I was asked to complete an online test the following day. The test took around 45 minutes and probed personality characteristics, individual motivations, likely behaviors, and job-related progress. Additionally, it asked a number of spatial recognition and some mathematical questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of culture do you thrive in? Please provide an example of a time in which you were in a difficult or awkward situation. How did you handle it? Looking back, would you handle it the same way? Are you familiar with SQL, adobe illustrator etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I felt it was a fair offer.