adidas Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

adidas Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Interviews at adidas

Omnichannel Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR) in January 2020.

Interview

First the recruiter was very helpful, transparent and communicated often. I applied online and a week later was scheduled a phone screen with said recruiter. On this call we reviewed my background and experience.

Several weeks later I had a 1:1 call with the hiring manager. Again reviewed my background and experience. During this call the manager decided that he wanted a different skill set that was not in the job listing and thanked me for my time and hung up. I think part of the challenge is this manager wants a Unicorn for this role.

The interview process was easy and free flowing with questions about your background.

Rumor is there is a lot of internal challenges in the technology organizations and employee turmoil. I hope three stripes can figure it out. Great brand. Could be better to employees.

Ecommerce Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR).

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, manager phone interview, in person 2 hour interview with 8 people, 2 at a time 30 minutes each.

If diversity if an actual value of yours, you might want to reevaluate your team. Portland being the 5th least diverse city, you would think that Adidas would try harder to attract and retain a diverse team.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was strung along through a few interviews, ghosted for a month after not receiving any of the promised follow-ups, then received an emailed templates rejection that didn’t really even speak to the context of how far I was into the process... as if I’d just applied online. This does spell great things for their internal communications (or perhaps of general respect) so I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background in the industry thus far.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR) in May 2019.

Interview

After an initial screen with an HR Recruiter which was very efficient and pleasant, I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager basically said she doesn't know how I made it past the initial phone screen because I didn't have XYZ experience. She would abruptly cut me off in the middle of my FIRST sentence of my responses if she didn't feel I was answering her questions. She said she was confused on why I couldn't grasp her reasons for why I don't have the right experience when all I asked is if she could expand a little more. Basically she was upset at recruiting for letting me through and was venting her frustrations out on ME, instead of politely saying something to the effect of "We appreciate your interest in adidas but there are a few more-qualified candidates. It was a pleasure learning about your experience and perhaps we can see if there could be a better fit in another role". I'm just trying to do good in my interview and was met with an abrasive hiring manager who had no time for me. AWFUL experience.

Senior Director Talent Partnering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR) in January 2019.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and we had a short call; she told me she would get back to me within the week . A month later she emailed to set up a phone interview the manager. We skyped. Within two weeks I had an in-person interview with the manager. The recruiter told me she would call me within the week. I didn't hear anything for a month. They went with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience navigating a matrixed organization.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had an employee referral. I initially applied for two roles and received almost instant “auto-decline” emails. Following the rejections, I reached out to a former colleague who connected me with someone, who connected me with someone (and so on) and I eventually was able to speak to the recruiter for both positions.

After a screening call with the recruiter, I spoke to the hiring managers for both positions (all of these calls were about 30 minutes). One position I did not move forward for, and another position I made it to the second round of in-person interviews. After the in-person interview, I was asked to complete an assignment. I was ultimately not selected for that role, but I had to check the applicant portal to find out that information as I did not receive the regular "rejection" email.

However, I REALLY wanted a shot with adidas, so I applied again for another role on the team. This time I had another in-person interview (with a few of the same people). After the in-person interview, I was asked to complete two assignments and for a third (final) interview with the person the role reports to. The process from applying to offer took about three months.

The in-person interviews were always with a group of 5-7 people, however when I made it to the "final" interview round, it was 1:1 with the manager.

There were a few hiccups along the way (managers calling at different times than I was told, managers calling for phone interviews when I was on-site to meet in-person, etc.), but if you consider the volume of hiring happening here, it is more than understandable. Anytime a hiccup occurred, everyone was more than flexible and understanding.

Ultimately I appreciate the long process - it meant knowing more about who I am going to be working with. Learning about the culture, learning how other team members have grown their careers, learning what opportunities I'll have myself and just having an understanding (for both parties) whether this was the right fit.

The recruiters are awesome and are very responsive. If you don't hear from them, don't be afraid reach out - even if you feel annoying. Their job is to hire the right people, and they're surely hiring tons of positions at a time so it may be easy to get lost in the shuffle. Just be persistent (within reason)! Also don't let the slow process discourage you - it is for your benefit as well as theirs. The process for applying, interviewing and ultimately landing an offer between the three positions was five months.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR) in October 2018.

Interview

the interview process what quite relaxed with 6 questions that asked us how we have or how we might react to certain situations in a retail environment as well as allowing us to ask questions that we might have on the work environment

Interview Questions

• when was the last time you had to work with a sense of regency   1 Answer

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR) in August 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews with recruiter, two with hiring manager.
    At best, the hiring manager was scattered, describing 3 additional positions she was looking to place besides the one I was interviewing for. The hiring manager seemed to have difficulty concentrating on one position or another leaving somewhat baffled. She seemed overwhelmed and bitter and I no doubt dodged a bullet.
    The recruiter then emailed me wanting work samples which I provided. I then waited 2 weeks before following up with both recruiter and hiring manager. No response 4 weeks later. Totally ghosted. Lack of professionalism and courtesy. Hard pass.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a little about yourself."   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR).

Interview

Group interview. Probably 10 people. Interviewers asked questions and you responded independently. Very laid back and easy to talk. Everyone was nervous so coming in to it just be confident. Once you say your first response it only gets easier and they kind of look to you if you answer quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at adidas (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral. I then had a online Wepow interview, a follow up call with a recruiter and then a panel interview with the specific accounting group. I didn't get an offer but when they passed on me I got a phone call from my recruiter with feedback on my interview which I appreciated greatly.