Adjunct faculty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adjunct faculty Interview Questions

"Adjunct faculty are part-time members of a college or university teaching staff. The position is a great opportunity for those considering a career in higher education who want to try it out before taking on a full-time position. Expect to answer questions about your teaching experience, style, and ability to motivate and engage students. Specific education and experience requirements vary among institutions, so make sure you tailor your job search to your background."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe your teaching style.

2 Answers

There is no easy answer for this, but the way you answer will help determine if you are a good fit for the types of students they have and a good fit for the campus.

My teaching style is similar to the tea, "Constant Comment." I teach online and I enter the classroom every day. I respond to each student's initial post and often respond to their answer to me. It is my experience that students appreciate the attention and work harder for me than they do other instructors.

What was my interest in teaching this course.

1 Answer

"How would you handle a student who thought you were too young / too old to teach?"

1 Answer

What is your educational philosophy?

4 Answers

Examples of type of teaching i prefer to use

2 Answers

Ironically, was BHCC's inability to process my resumé sent from a Mac! That confounding problem was resolved after a couple weeks of bafflement.

2 Answers

How will you keep your students engaged.

2 Answers

How do you feel about being placed on a waitlist with millions of others?

2 Answers

How would you ensure that all students are given the opportunity to succeed?

2 Answers

They were focused on past teaching experiences and current performance.

110 of 275 Interview Questions