Adjunct Faculty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adjunct Faculty Interview Questions

"Adjunct faculty are part-time members of a college or university teaching staff. The position is a great opportunity for those considering a career in higher education who want to try it out before taking on a full-time position. Expect to answer questions about your teaching experience, style, and ability to motivate and engage students. Specific education and experience requirements vary among institutions, so make sure you tailor your job search to your background."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Describe your teaching style.

2 Answers

There is no easy answer for this, but the way you answer will help determine if you are a good fit for the types of students they have and a good fit for the campus.

My teaching style is similar to the tea, "Constant Comment." I teach online and I enter the classroom every day. I respond to each student's initial post and often respond to their answer to me. It is my experience that students appreciate the attention and work harder for me than they do other instructors.

What was my interest in teaching this course.

1 Answer

"How would you handle a student who thought you were too young / too old to teach?"

1 Answer

How do you manage your time?

1 Answer

Most difficult student and how did you handle? Student disagree with grades, how did you handle?

1 Answer

What is your biggest weakness or fault?

1 Answer

Interviewers were systematic and did not throw curve balls. Seems to me the question they wanted to understand is if temporary faculty were prepared to teach Hispanic students who may have jobs, be stressed, etc.

1 Answer

What do you expect from online teaching? OR How do you expect online teaching to be similar / different from teaching in person?

1 Answer

Describe my experience in a classroom setting teaching adult learners

1 Answer

what is your view on the education process and your role in it.

110 of 206 Interview Questions