Adjunct Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adjunct Instructor Interview Questions

Adjunct instructor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if a student was always late to class?

1 Answer

Talk with student first to find out what is going on.

"Occupational experience verification: ...verify a minimum of 10,000 hours of non-teaching, occupational experience... directly related to the Program/Course area in which you will be teaching... with employer signatures. Include proof of self-employment, with notarized signature for each completed self-employment form..."

1 Answer

How did I get into teaching.

1 Answer

How would you keep students from dropping out

1 Answer

Do you have any previous experience in teaching at the college level?

1 Answer

Highest Degree ( BS Required - with no teaching experience asked for)

1 Answer

They wanted me to do a role play but the person playing the student was just bizarre! I've taught for 7+ years and am a licensed counselor. If someone acted this way in real life, I would assess for severe cognitive impairment and refer to disability resources office! They must have wanted a certain, specific phrase or response. But, with years of teaching and counseling, it was still a mystery to me. They praised me highly and went on and on in person and via email... then abruptly hired someone else. Was basically a waste of time. In my experience, PCC already knows who they want to hire. They only post a position and interview other candidates because they have to by law. In reality, it's just to check off that they did it. So, if your dept chair didn't invite you to interview, you're probably wasting your time!

1 Answer

Pretty basic questions about my background that was already covered in my resume

1 Answer

Do you have 18 hours beyond your BA?

110 of 230 Interview Questions