Admissions advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for admissions advisor

Admissions advisor Interview Questions

admissions advisor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Doesn't make a difference. Just as long as the answer is super duper cutesy wutesy & ends with the fact that you're willing to sell water to a whale.

4 Answers

Obviously didn't matter. If you're the type of person described above (or can pretend to be) you may have a shot @ the Florida Ave, Busch Blvd location. If you're more of the serious, professional type, try the corporate location near the TB Bucs training facility by MLK.

I really hope you do not work at UMA. This comment about the building on MLK being more "professional" was completely inappropriate and made me feel sorry for you. I work in admissions, I'm definitely not overly enthusiastic, and I don't participate in "silly games." To the person who wrote this post, you have a complete misconception of the admissions department. Yes, it can get loud. Yes, some of the people who work here are subpar. However, I can't think of anywhere else someone can get hired, NONCOMMISSION based, and make as much money as the people in admissions. If you do well in admissions, you will advance quickly. I'm sorry you're bitter about not being hired, but this review was based on your bias of not being hired.

Receiving this message is actually a favor. Thank you for not hiring me b/c this response confirms I wouldn't be happy there. Concentrate on what you do rather than my opinion.

What was my work experience? What was the customer service background?

2 Answers

"Can you be on the phone all day?" Yes, I was really asked that question.

2 Answers

I was asked to role play a phone conversation with a potential student.....a tad nerve-wracking but I did well. I can see how they need to hear how you sound on the phone and if you can think quickly on your feet. A potential student will come up with 100 excuses not to start but you need to keep reminding the WHY thy want to go back to school : ie. More money, Career Change, Help Family, Personal Goal.

1 Answer

What makes you a good choice for admissions advisor

1 Answer

do you know the difference between empathy and sympathy?

1 Answer

What would you do if you were struggling to meet your weekly recruitment goals?

1 Answer

Why do you want to be an advisor? Why did you leave your other jobs? What experience do you have?

1 Answer

How do you handle stress?

1 Answer

List a time when you were not your best at work by providing details. A time when you could not turn it around.

110 of 291 Interview Questions