Advertising Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advertising Sales Executive Interview Questions

Advertising sales executive interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

I was questioned excessively about my internet usage, linkedin, and tweeting.

1 Answer

One question was, "do you shop on line?" I answered yes and he said, do you just shop or do you buy things?" He acted as if I was not being truthful which I found offensive. I wondered if the younger candidates were being asked the same questions.

What are you looking for in salary?

1 Answer

He asked if he could call a manager from a job I had 7 years ago.

1 Answer

Nothing out of left field, typical sales questions.

1 Answer

Was coached by a current employee to mention Native Advertising and to get more information online about digital advertising terminology. She said they might have candidates give a presentation including creating a deck and proposal. Haven't been asked to do that yet.

Nothing truly difficult--the sales questions they answered were not difficult at all, rather the constant vetting of my contacts and past business relations was intense.

After we went to lunch, the female manager received a phone call from the "big boss" whom I had also interviewed with earlier. They were to bring me back to the office to be given an assignment. I was given an assignment to prepare a sales discovery call and provide a powerpoint using my "current employers product line" to show my selling skills. I left the office and decided that it was not only insulting after all I had already done to show the team I was valuable but then to ask me to give them proprietary information about my current employer showed me exactly who I was dealing with. I did not give them the information.

I was taken to lunch by two Managers. I thought it was a thank you for paying to fly myself in for the interviews. Not only did I not get to eat my lunch but I was downloaded for leads and contacts from my previous job. I asked the female manager what she was doing on her iPhone and she said she was entering new leads. OMG. These people weren't out to hire me they just wanted to use me for information. I had already had five interviews that day and four or five before I even came to town. This was the most blazon and outwardly low class thing to do.

How would you go about making cold calls ensuring you had a book of 100-500 new ad leads?

110 of 13 Interview Questions