Advertising Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advertising Sales Interview Questions

Advertising sales interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What is the difference between direct and in-direct marketing?

1 Answer

Direct sales - Smile and a handshake (personal) In-direct sales - tv, radio, internet

Which advertising campaign that I conceived was a disaster and how did I bring it around?

1 Answer

You need to really know the industry of the magazine you are interviewing on. Much of what you do to be successful is based on relationship building.

1 Answer

The hiring manager didn't ask any thought-provoking questions; softballs. The senior executive askes me to describe would I would do in the first 4 weeks of employment.

1 Answer

I have to say all the questions were pretty basic and typical. I'd been in the advertising sales industry for a number of years prior so nothing unexpected came up.

Can you sell?

1 Answer

If I was willing to relocate at my own expense. I lived an hour away in another county.

1 Answer

Present one of our clients to us.

1 Answer

The most difficult part of the interview is the "Role-Play", where you are the Sales Rep. & they get to be the "Difficult Car Dealer". You have less than 5 minutes to read the specifics about the Dealership, seek a couple of different solutions for them, (Even though you don't really know the solutions at that time) and sweat through the denials, rejections, rebuttals, etc.

110 of 161 Interview Questions