Aircraft Dispatcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview Questions

Aircraft dispatcher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if you had plans to meet a friend after work and the person relieving you was running late and you have a flight battling some bad weather.

1 Answer

Prioritize: the flight comes first. Once your relief arrives, fill him in on the situation staying as long as possible until he or she gets the picture, then tell your friend you may have to reschedule.

Explain how to derive alternate minimums.

1 Answer

The first thing is a verbal comprehension and math comprehension test, read "math word test", my least favorite. Both are online with which I have a hard time. I must have not read the math questions correctly and/or was not clear on the answer they were looking for because I got released from the interview immediately.

6 Answers

How many categories of MELs are there and what are their time limits? Can any of them be extended?

1 Answer

Why do you want to be a dispatcher?-Why Horizon airlines? In reference to a METAR/TAF: Do you need an alternate? Answer questions about Jepp Approach charts. Visibility needed? Take off alternate? Senario based questions about weather and communication. Discribe a conflict with a coworker Discribe a conflict with a boss or manager. How will you get to know your co-workers? They were hiring for technical knowledge but more importantly a positive personality.

Basic information about why I am interested in ExpressJet. What do I know about ExpressJet? What do I know about living in Atlanta? What makes a good aircraft dispatcher? In my own words, what does an Aircraft Dispatcher do, and why are they important?

How would you handle a system malfunction?

1 Answer

What is/are/were your biggest regret(s) in life?

Questions that regard "tell me a situation where..." and then mock selling which isn't bad if you're prepared for it.

110 of 30 Interview Questions