Analytical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analytical Interview Questions

2,663

interview questions shared by candidates

Analytical Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Write a function that takes in two sorted lists and outputs a sorted list that is their union.

9 Answers

Given two sets of trees and ignoring the content of the nodes, describe rules that would define whether or not these two trees are equivalent.

3 Answers

If you had to figure out the total number of red cars in the city of Boston, how would you go about doing that?

4 Answers

A robot can move only left and down in nXn matrix. Have to get to the bottom right corner of matrix. Write algorithm to find the maximum number paths it can take.

4 Answers

A vaguest ion that was asked in a very general way, but which the interviewer clearly had specific answers he was looking for: "what are four components that are included in every specification doc". That sounded a lot like a thing you would find at Microsoft and similar large companies where process is more strictly defined. I answered poorly, I think, perhaps because I haven't worked with that kind of spec in a very long time, and not on any projects that worked out well. Smaller orgs/programs/projects (startups and incubators, for example, where the outcome is always in flux, as I am accustomed to working with) can have poor specs, specs that are centered on marketing, planning documents that are made up of wireframes and time-based stage gates. In any case, I choked a bit, and the interview kind of skated around and became more specific as we went along. I don't think that is inappropriate, though, because Amazon does value and expect the ability to deal with ambiguity.

4 Answers

Given an array with only binary numbers, ex. 110110101, sort it in better than NlogN. You have two integers or pointers, and that is all that's allowed for space complexity.

4 Answers

You have 25 horses, and you want to know which are the top 3 fastest, but you don't have a stopwatch. You can race the horses, but the track is only big enough to fit 5 horses at a time. How do you find the first, second and third fastest horses using the least amount of races possible?

3 Answers

Given a dictionary, with all possible anagrams of a word, how would you test it out and what is the Data Structure that you will use to construct it with Design of the same.

2 Answers

Write a routine to find the square root of a number. Then make it faster.

2 Answers

How many coffee cups are consumed per day in US?

4150 of 2,663 Interview Questions