Analytical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Analytical Interview Questions

2,636

interview questions shared by candidates

Analytical Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Design a system that can efficiently scale and store the count of all unique words from a *very large* document-based corpus of text.

4 Answers

If you had to figure out the total number of red cars in the city of Boston, how would you go about doing that?

4 Answers

A vaguest ion that was asked in a very general way, but which the interviewer clearly had specific answers he was looking for: "what are four components that are included in every specification doc". That sounded a lot like a thing you would find at Microsoft and similar large companies where process is more strictly defined. I answered poorly, I think, perhaps because I haven't worked with that kind of spec in a very long time, and not on any projects that worked out well. Smaller orgs/programs/projects (startups and incubators, for example, where the outcome is always in flux, as I am accustomed to working with) can have poor specs, specs that are centered on marketing, planning documents that are made up of wireframes and time-based stage gates. In any case, I choked a bit, and the interview kind of skated around and became more specific as we went along. I don't think that is inappropriate, though, because Amazon does value and expect the ability to deal with ambiguity.

4 Answers

How to come out of a maze given that you can move one step at a time and you cannot turn left.

3 Answers

A single-elimination tennis tournament has n teams. How many games will be played before there is a winner?

3 Answers

Given two base classes and a class derived from them how might one layout class instance memory so that polymorphism will work correctly. Problem was simplified in that one could assume memory was a series of same-sized slots and methods and attributes took up one slot each.

3 Answers

How far away is Russia from the US?

3 Answers

There was an analytical round, i was surprised to have open ended questions which seems little weird and the expectations to answer these questions in a certain way. I would recommend going over questions like How many balls a sedan car can fit ? How many ice-creams are sold in US?? Then there are questions on System problems just ask them to give proper design and proper problem statements before answering or giving any answers to the panel. But really weird process.

2 Answers

Given a dictionary, with all possible anagrams of a word, how would you test it out and what is the Data Structure that you will use to construct it with Design of the same.

2 Answers

Cap One has a clearly defined process, which they tell you up front. If you do your homework, nothing should be a surprise.

4150 of 2,636 Interview Questions