Applications Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applications Manager Interview Questions

Applications manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you bypass change management processes to dynamically change OS JCL streams?

2 Answers

You would need to establish a baseline set of JCL procedures and identify the parameters which could change depending on the run time requirements. The domain values for all variables would need to be stored in DB2 table or a VSAM indexed file and a Stored Procedure or REXX script would need to determine what variables were required for a particular run and obtain them from the VSAM or DB2 datastore. These parameters would need to overlaid onto the templatge JCL and the resulting JCL stream would need to be submitted via the internal reader. The feasibility of this would depend on the scheduling software in use on the mainframe LPAR.

This may be too simple of an answer, but I would have answered the question by saying I would do this as a global change.

What can be improved in op amps to further increase their performance?

2 Answers

Are you familiar with Tekno Telekom (propietary equipment)? I was not, but had enough background that Syniverse accepted my application.

1 Answer

After spending an hour discussing a potential architecture, the interviewer demanded a proposed architecture, despite no providing enough details to give a good answer. Even explaining that there wasn't enough information to provide an answer, the interviewer insisted. Couched with caveats about it being based on not enough data, I provided a proposal and was summarily skewered for doing so.

1 Answer

I was asked to give some detail about various IT projects I have managed or worked on, and if I had problems, how did I handle them.

1 Answer

You can't possible know it all when it comes to technology. What do you not know?

1 Answer

Did you ever have to place an employee on a performance improvement process and how did it go?

1 Answer

Why are you the best candidate for this job?

1 Answer

No difficult questions, just canned / situational questions w/ Hiring Mgr and (2) Directors of low caliber, expertise and no vision.

1 Answer

Describe something you need to work on as a manager and how you will improve.

110 of 90 Interview Questions