Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Area Manager Interview Questions

Area manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Give me an example of difficult or failing project and how did you change the outcome. Give examples of the direction you had taken

1 Answer

I gave a project where the local jurisdiction was holding up permitting. I let him know who I recruited as a resource and all of the steps we had taken to get the permit in hand and what I did to get the project back on track

You have 25 laborers for a shift. Pickers pick 100 units an hour Small item packers pack 150 units an hour Large item packers pack 25 units an hour You must pack 7500 small units during a ten hour shift. How would you staff your shift?

9 Answers

Math Problem: You have an upstream Picking department that feeds two downstream packing departments: A and B. 75% of your Pick volume goes to department A, which has a packing rate of 150 unites per labor hour (uph). 25% of the Pick volume goes to department B, which is for large items, and has a pack rate of 25 units per labor hour. Your pickers pick both large and small items throughout the day at an overall average rate of 100 units per labor hour. You have 25 people today for all 3 departments, and you absolutely must pack 7,500 units in department A to meet a customer promise metric. How do you allocate labor to balance the flow in your department if you work a 10 hour shift? Do not assume breaks or lunches in your answer. Department % of volume Rate (uph) People Daily Volume Pick 100% 100 ?? ?? Pack A 75% 150 ?? 7,500 Pack B 25% 25 ?? ??

5 Answers

The math problem was the most difficult if you are not used to algebra type word problems. I am assuming that none of the people interviewing do this kind of thing on a daily basis.

My personal failure

2 Answers

How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk?

2 Answers

3. If you were to rank quality, customer satisfaction, and safety in order of importance, how would you rank them? Discuss. 4. Tell me about a time when you were faced with an unforseen problem and how did you handle it.

2 Answers

One manager asked me what “risk assessment” was because she really did not know.

1 Answer

What was the most confusing piece of feedback that you have received?

Why should we hire you?