Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Area Manager Interview Questions

Area manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have 25 laborers for a shift. Pickers pick 100 units an hour Small item packers pack 150 units an hour Large item packers pack 25 units an hour You must pack 7500 small units during a ten hour shift. How would you staff your shift?

9 Answers

10 Pickers 10,000 units/shift 5 Small Item Packers 7500 units/shift 10 Large Item Packers 2500 units/shift This was the right answer, they have you explain it.

I must be thick because I don't understand your answer. You picked 3 options. What is the correct answer?

Ron, the goal is to balance out the shift while meeting the one demand (7500 small items packed). so you know you will need 5 small item packers. what to do with the other 20? The answer is correct. I just happen to have an area manager interview in Phoenix this thursday and now I know the question and answer

3. If you were to rank quality, customer satisfaction, and safety in order of importance, how would you rank them? Discuss. 4. Tell me about a time when you were faced with an unforseen problem and how did you handle it.

2 Answers

How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk?

My personal failure

2 Answers

Math Problem: You have an upstream Picking department that feeds two downstream packing departments: A and B. 75% of your Pick volume goes to department A, which has a packing rate of 150 unites per labor hour (uph). 25% of the Pick volume goes to department B, which is for large items, and has a pack rate of 25 units per labor hour. Your pickers pick both large and small items throughout the day at an overall average rate of 100 units per labor hour. You have 25 people today for all 3 departments, and you absolutely must pack 7,500 units in department A to meet a customer promise metric. How do you allocate labor to balance the flow in your department if you work a 10 hour shift? Do not assume breaks or lunches in your answer. Department % of volume Rate (uph) People Daily Volume Pick 100% 100 ?? ?? Pack A 75% 150 ?? 7,500 Pack B 25% 25 ?? ??

7 Answers

Do you go against a supervisor who made a decision that goes against corporate policy and is a potential safety issue for one of your employees

1 Answer

What processes have you personally improved?

1 Answer

How important is safety to you?

1 Answer

I was asked specifically about what I would do if someone I was supervising was falling behind.

2 Answers

How much lab work do you want to do?

110 of 962 Interview Questions