Business Analyst Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor
Business Analyst Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

Business Analyst Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have 3000 bananas at point A, which is 1000 feet removed from point B. You must move as many bananas to point B, but you can only carry 1000 bananas at any time, and traveling 1 feet requires you to eat 1 banana. You can drop off bananas at any point between A and B, and pick them up later.

30 Answers

500 bananas

500? How? Could you pls explain?

Don't worry it...got it

No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:

2 Answers

There was a case of a pizza place that was planning to automate the order taking process. Several use cases needed to be named, and specific questions to ask from the user.

1 Answer

First case question threw me off as I may have been nervous. It was along the lines of; A postal client wants to perform %100 scanning capability of their packages and mail. They have 13 different locations. How do you go about implementing %100 scan rate and therefore higher rate of customer satisfaction. I was presented with a sheet of different package volumes for 3 locations after I concluded that 13 locations may be too much and they must choose to consolidate.

1 Answer

Propose a design pattern for an XML-to-object document parser which allows for a construct of a new parser base on a new set of elements augmented to an existing schema without applying any modification to an existing parser code.

"Tell me about yourself"

1 Answer

Case study about US Postal Service and a project accenture did to determine if they should stop delivery on a day, and if so, what day.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult client.

Name a time when you had numerous choices and how you ended up picking the one you did.

The case was about gathering requirements and implementation strategies.