Art Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Art Director Interview Questions

"Companies are looking for art directors with the experience, talent and leadership skills to bring a company's brand and image to life. When interviewing for this position, bring a portfolio of your work and prepare to answer questions about your personal design style, sources of inspiration, and vision for the company's future."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Which programs are you most comfortable for you to work with?

1 Answer

Overal export of Adoby software .. Least experience in InDesign but still proficient in tasks required to get the job done

I didn't find any question particularly difficult or unexpected. If forced to chose one it was when she asked how I would react to C-level executive/s shooting down a concept I developed for a seasonal campaign.

1 Answer

There are no questions, just a monologue of 'how great I am' from the CEO.

Timed math quiz!

3 Answers

Would you still want to work here for a lower title and salary?

3 Answers

from CD: "How are are you?" "Aren't you thinking of retiring?"

2 Answers

What media do you like to work in?

2 Answers

Why should you ever get to be our Art Director? Why would you think you can work here? People in the Concept Art team would like this position, so I would like to know why you, and not them? (found out person asking this question was indeed trying to be hired as an AD for Rogue company internally, therefore, asking unprofessional questions to external candidates)

2 Answers

What are your current roles and responsibilities.

my background