Art teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Art teacher Interview Questions

Art teacher Interview Questions

"Schools hiring art teachers are looking for candidates with the passion to help students express their creativity and the formal education to properly instruct them how to do so. Expect to answer questions about your background in art as well situational questions that will assess your ability to manage and direct the classroom. When applying for jobs, it is helpful to know that public schools often require that you be a certified art teacher while private schools may not."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Q: What is your classroom management style?

1 Answer

I want to provide a friendly classroom environment where the students feel inspired to create, know that their efforts will be noticed encouraged. The rules of the art room are clearly explained and monitored: the proper and consistent care of supplies and tools, the way to clean up after themselves, how to give a good critique of other's work. How to listen to instructions.

One thing that was asked was if I had a certain medium that I was more experienced and knowledgeable in.

1 Answer

How are you with children? - experience wise. What is your educational background?

1 Answer

Why should we take the gamble in hiring you?

1 Answer

There were no surprise questions. They asked what you would expect but I would recommend being prepared to talk about classroom management style because this is a major area of focus at this school. They will ask you how you would handle disruptive students, what has worked well in the past and what techniques didn't work well. Also prepare to talk about a lesson plan that did not go well and what you learned about it and how you would improve it.

1 Answer

How do you apply the recent competencies in art.

1 Answer

How would you give students opportunities to show their artwork?

1 Answer

How do you plan on reaching more difficult students who think they might not be good at art?

1 Answer

She asked me what salary i wanted.

1 Answer

Recurring questioning throughout the process was how I approached working with high-risk/low expectancy students.

110 of 72 Interview Questions