Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Artist Interview Questions

1,807

Artist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How did I create the texture map I provided as an example of my work?

1 Answer

I blended images in photoshop, then drew added detail in layers atop the initial image I ghosted in.

If someone comes up to you and asks for a red lipstick what do you do ?

1 Answer

Name your favorite MAC product and sell it to me?

1 Answer

What would be your reaction if you were put on a team with a radically different art style than your own?

1 Answer

Give me a time when your manager expressed disastisfaction with your work performance.

1 Answer

Are you comfortable interacting with clients?

color wheel

2 Answers

I was interviewed by two of the lead game artists assigned to a project on which I would have been assigned a contract. After completing a skill test, which they demonstrated excitement, and confidence in, I was asked to show more (past) examples of the type of work that was performed in the test. I can not, to this day, figure out why anyone would care about an artists past skill-set as opposed to their most recent, and most relevant work. I was denied this position because I did not have a backlog of relevant work, however, had a current, on-demand example of the skills required for, and expected by this company and position.

2 Answers

Questions were all straight forward, because I come from a related entertainment field (and have no direct game experience) they were trying to understand if I could perform the work as they would expected to be. It was all very professional.

1 Answer

What is your favorite sandwich?

110 of 1,807 Interview Questions