arvato AG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.3

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at arvato AG (Mountain View, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview took a very long time and consisted of a phone screen, 2 pannel interviews, 1:1 with manager, 1:1 with global manager from Ireland, skilltest for Word and Excel and short chat with HR regarding the offer details. I had to send follow up emails in between the interviews to find out if the position was still open. Mostly interviews were not hard and didn't consist of any specific technical finance questions, but rather the behavioral tests to check how would you handle different situations, and focused on taking initiative and leadership qualities. Atmosphere was informal and people were friendly and open except for the manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you send erroneous financial report to the client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't give a chance to negotiate, just offered a position at a certain rate. Rate was less than average in South Bay, but because it was a Google account I took it anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at arvato AG (Sacramento, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

I initially submitted my resume through careerbuilder online. I was contacted for an interview within a couple of days. During the interview, which was with the manager of the location, I felt that I answered all the questions honestly. Communication between us was good. We agreed that I was fully qualified for the position and she would contact me by the end of the week. I did not hear from her by Monday so I called and left at least three voicemail messages over a period of four days. She finally called me back to let me know she had chosen someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an irate customer and what the outcome of the situation was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at arvato AG (Valencia, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

The goal of the human resources dept. at arvato digital services is to find people who can LISTEN and think on their feet. Aside from probing you for computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office apps and typing skills, they will stage a fake call session with you. They asked me to make up whatever solution came to my head to meet the needs of the customer. My particular "fake call" involved me as an employee at The Gap. A customer called to complain that they ordered clothes and haven't received them when they were supposed to. I basically had to think on my feet and find a solution for them to keep them satisfied.

In addition to a verbal interview, a written portion was included, where I was asked to form letters in response to different email complaints. In these letters, I had to include certain points of action that would be taken to address the shortcomings of the previous employee interactions. There was a computer-based portion that tested my typing skills by copying word for word a document presented to me on the screen.

One of the hardest parts of the process was a computer-based portion where I had to listen to people leave voicemails with noisy backgrounds and determine exactly what they needed by answering from a multiple choice questionnaire.

I had to go get drug tested, which is always an annoying process, only because who enjoys peeing in a cup? And the nurse I got was my age and really cute. So that's always awkward...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They started at $11 and you take it or leave it.

German Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stendal (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at arvato AG (Stendal (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview began with about 45 minutes of asking several questions about the Company (Arvato), my CV, why I did apply and how I have reacted on certain situations within my last roes. After that there was a test with different tasks to prove my language Knowledge and my logical thinking.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Company?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at arvato AG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very time taking and tedious. I reached on time and was expecting to be free by 5pm however the whole process took more than 8 hours and i got free by 8pm. This was not at all expected for only three rounds which really ruined y plans to work for the organization.

Teamleiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stralsund (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at arvato AG (Stralsund (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

Assessment Centre
    5 Personen: 2x zukünftiger Chef, 1 x Vorstand, 2 x Personalabteilung
    Es wird gefilmt.
    Bei erster Aufgabe, die gemeinsam mit dem Konkurrenten gelöst werden soll (40Min), muss man laut sprechen, damit oben genannte alles mitkriegen. Alle persönliche Notizen werden danach auch mit eingesammelt.

Interview Questions

• 3 x Aufgaben x 40 min.
      Schauspielerische Fähigkeiten gefragt
      Man muss fähig sein, den zukünftigen Chef & den Vorstand zusammenzuscheissen - im Spiel   1 Answer

Transactional Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at arvato AG (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an on site selection day with 500 people and 15 interviewers. Really relaxing environment and people were cool with it.
    I got to speak through the cv.
    Experiences.
    Hard work.
    Flexibility.
    They were the main words that they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduction/ Previous experience/ What you have better than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at arvato AG (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

1 phone call for 10 minutes with HR, another the same day with a team leader, 3 days later I was in another country and working here! Very quick but easy screening process however, I think they was desperate at the time.

Interview Questions

• Am i prepared to move to Germany?   1 Answer

Google AdWords Online Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at arvato AG (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

took over an hour, had to do a role play where a demanding customer wanted to sell illegal items via Google Adwords, focusing on previous customer service experience an working with targets

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?
      What do you do when one of your team mates underperforms while a manger is absent?   Answer Question

Workforce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at arvato AG (Lisbon (Portugal)) in February 2017.

Interview

I only had the Excel test. I will try to describe the test. I would have loved to have an interview as I could truly shine there I think. I really think just blocking people from interviewing just because of a small Excel test is a big glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• The test was about Pivot Tables (2 questions), then one question about doing SUMIFS, then one about grouping data wit MATCH INDEX or VLOOKUP   1 Answer