arvato Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

Junior E-commerce Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at arvato Systems (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a ridiculous interview process. I am a new grad in computer science with e-commerce programming backgroud but have limited experience in java. I think this positionis a good fit for me. I submit my resume in several positions such junior java developer and e-commerce java developer at their career page. However it seems that arvato company recruiting system is a black hole and reject all my application in 4 days. Luckily I connect to CEO of arvato systems north america and their recruiters at LinkedIn, a few days later their recruiters send me email asking to set up a interview. During the first phone interview with HR, she questioned my experience of java, I told her although I do not have 3 years java working experience for this entry level position, but I know oop and have an e-commerce background. She said then she will set up a technical interview for me. Around a week later, I got the technical interview with their senior developer and a junior developer. The interview question is not difficult just testing my basic knowledge of java programming. I thought the interview is smooth and successful since the interviewer said the next step is the on-site interview and their HR will connect me in the following days of this week. However, I got a reject letter from their recruiting system without any hr-name for my application a week later.

I just want to say, if you do not hire people, why you set up me an interview and waste my time?

Interview Questions

• easy programming question, test your basic core java programming and oop.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at arvato Systems (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with two gentlemen who asked about my personal experience and past projects I have worked on. During the first round I had to experience in a java exercise which included three main key points.

1. Write a Java program to accomplish something specific given at the time of the interview
    2. Write a unit test to test the program written for step 1.
    3. Read through some code written by a third party and determine what it does.

The second round was on site and with a different set of gentlemen who asked me questions from my resume and other technical questions that were not out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• For anyone at Mid to Senior level there was nothing asked out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it was pre negotiated through a recruiter

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at arvato Systems (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Received a phone interview which was basically based on my projects...Pretty much straight forward...Then was called for onsite interview where i was asked about Java and other stuff that was on my resume.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at arvato Systems (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with a project manager to go over my resume and talk about my past experiences and interest in the company and what kind of work they do. Then I was brought in for an in-person interview with multiple people in a group interview. It was all very pleasant and each step was handled quickly.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at arvato Systems (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online where the job location was misleading (it referred to the recruiters location instead of the company location). Got a call from the recruiter who forwarded my resume to the company and arranged for the interview. Was briefed before hand that it would be a 3 stage interview process, where the first 2 parts will be done at one go at their office.

First 2 parts took half a day. I was contacted later that day by the recruiter saying that I had passed and will schedule for a phone interview the next week with the architects in Germany.

1 day before the phone interview, I get a call from the recruiter who said that the company has decided to KIV this job posting as their are shifting directions. A good waste of my time and expectations, but no choice but to accept it.

IF ONLY I did not get another call 2 days later from another recruiter who asks if I'm interested to apply for this exact position in this company.

Utter waste of time and such unprofessionalism.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at arvato Systems (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

This interview was conducted for Arvato Systems (Asia), Kuala Lumpur for the .NET position: Senior Technical Consultant.

Interview Questions

• There will be multiple rounds of interviews.

Day 1:
      1) A aptitude test of 5 questions and followed by algorithm questions
      2) Technical Interview
      3) HR Interview
      4) HR assessment written test

Day 2:
      Usually conducted 2 weeks after 1st round
      1) Telephonic call with senior directors from Germany, where basic technical questions are expected

HR will take a week more to share the result. The total interview process takes around 3 to 4 weeks in general.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary will be paid lesser than the expected salary.

For foreign employees, there will be a contract bond for 2 years

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at arvato Systems (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2013.

Interview

1. technical test, just normal java knowledge test, it is multiple question answer.
    2. live coding, they will provide laptop asked to do some coding, all about basic java.
    3. technical interview, they will ask the knowledge about java ee stack on your past projects.
    4. HR interview is the final phase

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at arvato Systems (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2011.

Interview

Only attitude assesment, no technical detail assessment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, because they only give the salary based on standard from HQ

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at arvato Systems in July 2010.

Interview

Submittted y resume via University. Received an email in a week or two for a phone interview with 2 people Know ur resume well.

Interview Questions

• Difference betn Abstract class and Interface ...Can u instantiate,either Abstract or Interface. What type of framwork and deplpment server do you use. Have u used Data structures in a practical/work env.   Answer Question

Sachbearbeiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verl (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at arvato Systems (Verl (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

Freundlich, interessiert und aufschlussreich. Informationen über ggf. zu erwartende Boni etc. Alles in allem gelöste Atmosphäre. Man versucht, de Bewerber keinem überflüssigen Druck auszusetzen. Bewerbungsunterlagen lagen vor, die Gesprächsführer waren gut informiert.

Interview Questions

• Fachfragen: "Was würden Sie tun, wenn..."   1 Answer