Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant Manager Interview Questions

"Assistant managers are needed in every industry to provide leadership and management support. Employers are looking for candidates with strong teamwork and organizational skills. In an interview, be ready to discuss your leadership experience, conflict management abilities, and knowledge of the industry for which you are applying."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How strongly do you feel about your business acumen?

2 Answers

Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a supervisor?

2 Answers

describe how you decreased the taxpayer's burden(internal question)

2 Answers

"You are never going to get anywhere with a communications degree" "Right now, I am asking the questions. I will tell you when it's YOUR turn to ask a question" "Wow it seems like you are just all about money. Would you say that is correct?" "What makes you think you can walk in here after never working here before and manage people who have been working here for ten or more years?" "You think you are experienced? I have worked at...(Starts naming every single clothing store he has ever worked in or managed). That's experience." (First of all, sir, I'm not applying for your job....!) "I have friends who make $1000+ every night serving at high end restaurants in New York City. Wouldn't that be nice? But you couldn't do that." "Your resume is total crap." I was asked TWO questions pertaining to the actual job: Managing approach to employees older than I and that had worked there longer, and what metric I would focus on to get all of them up if we were down for the day.

2 Answers

who is the king of the world

2 Answers

The followups for each behavioral was tough. Also she asked me to introduce myself in the reverse chronological manner. That was the first for me.

2 Answers

What would your wife/ or significant other says is your worst trait.

2 Answers

They asked if I had any sales experience.

1 Answer

Leader or boss

1 Answer

Are you Ready to be on call 7/24 every day if needed! Can You handle last minute schedule changes to handle the needs of the business, as well in emergencies

2130 of 9,650 Interview Questions