Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions

Assistant media planner interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What is one thing you are currently working on about yourself?

3 Answers

I answered that recently with my current job search I have been trying to spend less time working on looking for my ideal job and more time for myself to get my mind of things outside of looking for a job. The interviewer quickly retorted jokingly that this position would make it hard for me to do that with the amount of work and hours I would put in.

The above answer seems like it would not get someone a job. I think saying that you are working to become more familiar with the industry by reading books and trade magazines more consistently.

I don't think you should play into the media planner's hand on this. Be honest, have integrity, and say something meaningful you are working on. Examples: "I'm trying to listen more intently to others" or "I'm trying to expand my knowledge by reading more books." Make yourself a well-rounded candidate.

Speak to your previous experience on your resume? Why media? Are you familiar with some of the media tools in the industry? Strengths/weaknesses? Are you a team player?

3 Answers

What is your work style?

Tell me about yourself.

1 Answer

How proficient are you with Excel?

What is Media Planning?

1 Answer

So tell me about yourself? Tell me about X company, What did you do at X company?

1 Answer

What is your favorite brand?

1 Answer

Why do you think you'd be good for this role?

1 Answer

Nothing was really tough, I had some experience in the industry so I knew the basics. The position was entry-level so the questions were pretty standard about media and advertising.

110 of 187 Interview Questions